You can use Whim to book cars from 19 Enterprise locations in the Birmingham area, including 3 in Birmingham city centre. You can find the list of locations here.
Enterprise offers cars from several categories. You will see the available cars in each rental office location in the rental car section of the app.
Once you have booked a car with Enterprise, the rental office will give you a call and offer you a pick-up service (subject to availability, included in the price).
- What you needed to rent an Enterprise car
- Renting an Enterprise car with Whim
- Frequently Asked Questions
What you needed to rent an Enterprise car.
- All drivers must produce a valid driving license. Read more here.
- A valid credit card for a deposit of £200 (or £500 for premium vehicles), which the car rental company will require to cover possible damages. The money will be returned to you at the end of your rental if everything is in order.
- Payment may be made with major credit cards: American Express, Mastercard and Visa. For more on payment methods please read more here.
- You must be 25 years of age to rent a vehicle. Read more here.
- Excess of £1000 can be waived for from £13.50 per day. You can also purchase your own excess insurance from a third-party provider.
Renting a car with Whim
Open the Cars menu and select Find car.
(Fig. 1) Rental view
Select the days you will need the car (start and end dates)
(Fig. 2) Rental date and time selector
The app will show you free cars and their prices (please note that if your search returns no results it might be, because the pick-up and drop-off times you have chosen are out of rental office hours).
(Fig. 3) Car offer list by location
Select the car and pick-up spot that suits you the best and confirm the booking.
(Fig. 4) Book this car view
The cost of your rental includes unlimited kilometers and the compulsory third party insurance. Once you have booked a car with Enterprise, the local office will give you a call and offer you a pick-up service (subject to availability, included in the price).
(Fig. 5) Confirm car booking view
(Fig. 6) Booking confirmed
You can view your rental car booking in your Garage.
(Fig. 7) Booked car view
If you wish to cancel your booking, go to your Garage, view the details of the booking that you wish to cancel, choose 'cancel booking' and confirm the cancellation.
(Fig. 8) Cancel the Booking
More detailed instructions on renting a car through Whim can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What kind of rental cars can I get with Whim?
- How can I compare the rental prices of different cars?
- What is the maximum rental period?
- What is the mileage policy?
- I accidentally booked a rental car. Can I still cancel it?
- I tried to rent a car but there are none available or the price is too high. What can I do?
- Can I take take the rental car outside of the UK?
- What extra services and protection are available?
- Where do I pick up my rental car and what do I need to bring?
- What is the Enterprise pick-up and drop-off service?
- How do I return my car?
- Do I have to top up the fuel tank when returning the vehicle?
What kind of rental cars can I get with Whim?
Whim offers a comprehensive range of cars from our rental partner, Enterprise - from small city cars through to luxury vehicles. The app will show you the available cars and offices and you can then pick the car and location which suit you best.
How can I compare the rental prices of different cars?
You can compare the rental prices by scrolling through the available cars within the Whim app.
Click on the car of your choice for more information and a map view of its location.
Remember to specify the rental period you require to see the current car availability.
What is the maximum rental period?
Whim has no maximum rental period.
You will see the full rate for your rental before confirming it.
What is the mileage policy?
United Kingdom: Mileage will typically be unlimited throughout the UK. Please see specific location for mileage restrictions for travel to Ireland and Northern Ireland (see more here about taking your car outside of the UK). All vehicles must be returned to Mainland UK.
Ireland: Kilometres will usually be unlimited within Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Read more here.
I accidentally booked a rental car. Can I still cancel it?
It is easy to cancel a rental car booking within the app.
You can see all your upcoming trips in your Garage view. Select the booking that you wish to cancel to see its details, scroll down and choose ' cancel booking' and confirm.
I tried to rent a car but there are none available or the price is too high. What can I do?
The reason behind limited or no availability could be that most of your nearest Enterprise locations are closed at the time you have selected. Select a pickup time during office hours to see a wider selection of cars and offices.
If the cars are too expensive, try for example a Friday pickup and a Monday return or a longer rental period, such as 5 days. If you wish, you may return the car before the agreed return date.
Can I take the rental car outside of the UK?
For vehicles travelling to the Republic of Ireland, there is an additional charge of 125 GBP per rental. Please call the branch office in advance. Vehicles may not travel outside the U.K. and Ireland.
You will be responsible for the following additional charges or liabilities if incurred:
- Additional rental charges for changes you make to the booked rental vehicle, rental period or optional products
- Damages, theft or third-party liabilities not covered by a protection product in accordance with the rental agreement
- Any fines or penalty charges relating to the operation of the vehicle during your rental
What extra services and protection are available?
For additional service requirements we kindly advise that you discuss these directly with Enterprise either when they contact you to arrange pick up or at the rental desk.
Excess of £1000 can be waived for from £13.50 per day. You can also purchase your own excess insurance from a third-party provider.
Extras and add-ons, e.g., an additional driver, child seats or return empty of fuel, are currently only available directly from Enterprise. Please note that an additional driver must be requested and paid for locally. Moreover, they must show a valid driving license at the Enterprise office.
Once you have made your booking, Enterprise will contact you to offer their pick up service. If you have any questions or would like to reserve extras and add-ons, please discuss these during this call.
What comes to additional protection, please read more here.
Where do I pick up my rental car and what do I need to bring?
Rental cars are picked up at Enterprise offices. When picking up your car you must show a valid driving license and a credit card for a deposit of £200 (or £500 for a premium vehicles), which the car rental company will require to cover possible damages. The money will be returned to you at the end of your rental if everything is in order.
The cost of your rental includes unlimited kilometers and the compulsory third party insurance.
Once you have made your booking, Enterprise will call you to offer to pick you up and take you to the rental office (subject to availability, read more here).
Please note that Enterprise accepts the following major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. For more on payment methods accepted please read more here.
What is the Enterprise pick-up and drop-off service?
Once you have reserved your Enterprise car, the rental office will call you and offer a pick-up service (subject to availability, included in the price). The free pick-up and drop-off service is available throughout the working day, within a 10-mile radius and from all of Enterprises 450+ non-airport locations in the UK.
If you decide to use the service:
- Before your rental, a member of the Enterprise local office staff will pick you up from home/work (the pick-up location will be agreed over the phone, when offering the service) and bring you to the local rental office.
- After your rental has ended and rental car returned, a member of the Enterprise local office staff gives you a ride home/work (to the address agreed over the phone, when offering the service).
How do I return my car?
If you rent a car in the Birmingham area, you must return* the vehicle to the same location. If you want to change your return location, you can do so at an additional cost paid at the Enterprise location when picking up your car.
For more on returning the vehicle after business hours, please read more here.
If you wish to discuss or dispute any matters concerning damage to your rental vehicle then please contact the Rental Company using the contact information below:
Phone: 0845 604 2881
* Note: Please remember to fill up the tank before returning the car.
Do I have to top up the fuel tank when returning the vehicle?
You will be required to return the vehicle with a level of fuel equal to the amount provided at the start of your rental as indicated on your rental agreement. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel you will be required to pay for the fuel needed to return the fuel level to that displayed on your rental agreement at the prices displayed at the branch. Optional fuel policies are available at participating locations.
For more information
For more information, you may refer to Enterprise’s Top Frequently Asked Questions here.