Using Public Transit in Birmingham is easy with Whim. See the following for more information.
Can I use Whim for public transport?
Yes. You can use Whim to travel on any National Express, West Midlands bus service anywhere in the region (and on all other operators services with the Whim Swift Card).
You can also travel on Midland Metro, tram services along the entire route between Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
Whim may also be used for NX West Midlands public transport either via the Whim journey planner or the Whim button.
The app will automatically suggest the correct ticket based on your location.
For now, the following tickets are available:
- Daysaver Bus - peak time,
- Daysaver Bus - off-peak, and
- Daysaver Bus & Metro
How do I use Whim for public transport?
You can activate your tickets in the app either via the journey planner or the Whim button.
- If using the journey planner, pick your route and confirm.
- If using the Whim button, tap the public transport icon and confirm the ticket you want – for example, Daysaver Bus.
- The ticket is valid in the National Express West Midlands buses, trams and trains.
- You will find all your valid tickets in the ticket screen. You can see more information by tapping on a ticket in the Ticket view.
What do I need to show the ticket inspector?
The ticket - which you can access in the ticket view can be shown to the inspector.
When the ticket is activated, it will move and display the date on which the ticket is valid.
By clicking on the (I), bottom right of the screen, you can display a ticket barcode if necessary, along with the length of ticket validity.
Here are examples of what this looks like: