With Whim you get access to black cabs via our partner Gett Taxi. You can book and pay for rides in just a few taps. This article covers:
Booking a taxi with the Whim button:
- Select the Whim button.
- Choose Taxi and enter your destination address. (You can also edit the pick-up address or choose your exact location from the map.)
- Whim gives you an estimate of the price of your journey in advance, before you confirm your order. After you’ve confirmed your order, Whim will charge the estimated amount from your payment card and find you an available taxi.
- The app will tell you the number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi.
- When you have arrived at the destination, the difference between the estimate and the final meter price will either be charged to your credit card or refunded to your credit card (in-app credit may apply).
You will receive an email confirmation about the payment*. If you need a receipt with more detail, please select the trip from the past trips view and tap Send receipt by email.
* Note: the service is intended for personal use. We will be offering other monthly plans for business use in the future.
More information on how to book a taxi through Whim can be found here.
Questions and Answers
- What is the pick-up area for Gett?
- Can I use Whim for any taxi in the Birmingham region?
- Can I take a taxi from the taxi stand with Whim?
- I ordered a taxi through Whim. Can other passengers travel with me?
- I ordered a taxi by accident. May I still cancel it?
- I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose my money?
What is the pick-up area for Gett?
The pick-up area of Gett Taxi is approx. 3-mile radius of Birmingham + Coventry city centres. There is no restriction on drop off however.
In addition to Birmingham, you can access Gett Taxi cabs also in:
Can I use Whim for any taxi in the Birmingham region?
For the time being, you may order taxis from Gett Taxi in Birmingham.
We are continually expanding our coverage of the region, so, keep an eye out for this in future.
Can I take a taxi from the taxi stand with Whim?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim if you grab it from a taxi stand or hail it in the street.
We are working on adding these options to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing, and Whim will always tell you the total price before confirming the order.
I ordered a taxi through Whim. Can other passengers travel with me?
You may share your Whim taxi journeys with other people at no extra cost.*
If you need a minivan, that is fine, too, just choose your preferred taxi type from the list of options!
* NOTE: You must be along for the ride as Whim is a personal service and is non-transferable!
I ordered a taxi by accident. May I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can cancel it by tapping the Cancel button until you’ve received a confirmation of your ride.
If you are not sure whether your cancellation was successful, you may contact us in-app via Help Center from the Profile view of your Whim app or you may submit a request via the web here.
I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose my money?
We will receive a notification of all bookings that were canceled on time or that failed due to technical problems. (In these cases, you will automatically be refunded. You will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, you may contact our customer service.)
If you need help, you may contact us in-app via Help Center from the Profile view of your Whim app or you may submit a request via the web here.