With Whim you get access to taxis via our partners, which include Lähitaksi*, Kajon, and Taxi Helsinki. You can book and pay for rides in just a few taps. This article covers:
*Note: Lähitaksi is currently unavailable.
Booking a taxi with the Whim button
1. Select the Whim button (Pic.1).
2. Choose Taxi and enter your destination address. You can also edit the pick-up address or choose your exact location from the map.
3. Whim presents you the taxi prices from different service providers in advance before you request a taxi (Pic.3).
4. After you’ve confirmed your order, based on the service providers, Whim will charge either the taxi fare (Pic.4) or the estimated fare* (Pic.5) from your payment card and find you an available taxi.
Note: When you select Kajon taxis, the cost of the trip is based on an estimated price, the final cost of the ride is determined by the meter and this will be charged at the end of the trip.
5. The app will tell you the number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi (Pic.6)
You will receive an email confirmation about the payment*. If you need a receipt with more detail, please select the trip from the past trips view and tap Send receipt by email.
More information on how to book a taxi through Whim can be found here.
Questions and answers:
- The examples on the Whim website refer to taxi rides during the day. Is it possible to take a taxi in the evenings and on weekends?
- Can I use Whim for any taxi in the capital region?
- Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank?
- How does Whim work in the taxi?
- How do I choose a taxi provider?
- I ordered a taxi through Whim. Can other passengers travel with me?
- I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
- I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose the payment I spent on the order?
- Can I still change the destination once a booking is made via the app?
- I got charged for a taxi trip which I didn't use. Can I get a refund for it?
The examples on the Whim website refer to taxi rides during the day. Is it possible to take a taxi in the evenings and on weekends?
Whim prices are based on normal taxi fares in Finland, this means that starting fares affect the total charge of the taxi. Please see the service providers own websites for more on taxi pricing. Here are the taxi pricing links to the taxi provider's own web pages:
- Taksi Helsinki prices: https://taksihelsinki.fi/tilaa-taksi/taksihinnat/
- Lähitaksi prices: https://www.lahitaksi.fi/fi/hinnasto
- Kajon Taxi prices: https://www.kajon.fi/hinnasto/
Can I use Whim for any taxi in the capital region?
For the time being, you may order taxis from Taksi Helsinki, Kajon and Lähitaksi* through Whim.
*Note: Lähitaksi is currently unavailable.
Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank?
Unfortunately, this is not possible just yet. We are working on a solution to this to make traveling with Whim even more convenient for you in the future.
How does Whim work in the taxi?
When you order a taxi through Whim, the app will show you the estimated arrival time of your taxi, and you can even follow its approach on a map.
Once the taxi arrives, all you need to do is jump in, say hi to the driver and enjoy the ride. The driver already knows where you are going.
In the case the driver is not familiar with Whim yet, it might be necessary to mention that billing information can be found on the taxi payment/booking system.
How do I choose a taxi provider?
The list for the service providers will become possible once you have input the from and to addresses, you can then choose the preferred taxi provider for your trip and then request the taxi.
I ordered a taxi through Whim. Can other passengers travel with me?
You can share* your Whim taxi journeys with other people at no extra cost. If you need a minivan, that is fine, too, just choose your preferred taxi type from the order list!
* Note: You must be along for the ride as Whim is a personal service and is non-transferable!
I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can cancel it by tapping the Cancel button until you’ve received a confirmation of your ride.
If you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, please contact us via Whim customer support channel or via email at email@example.com.
I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose the payment I spent on the order?
We get notified of all failed orders and return the credit to you automatically.
If you need help, however, please contact us via Whim customer support channel or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I still change the destination once a booking is made via the app?
Once a booking is made via the app, the destination can no longer be changed. If you notice that your address is incorrect while Whim is still searching for a taxi for you, you can cancel the booking in the app by tapping the Cancel button and make a new booking.
I got charged for a taxi trip which I didn't use. Can I get a refund for it?
If you got charged for a taxi trip which you canceled in the app, please contact Whim Customer Care.
Kindly note that if the taxi trip was not canceled in the app, you might be charged with a no-show fee.