Here is what this article covers:
- Planning a journey using the button
- Planning a journey using Favourites
- Planning a taxi journey using the Whim Button
You may plan a journey either by using the "Enter your destination" button in the Home view, by using Favorite places or by tapping on the Taxi button from the Whim button.
Planning a journey using the button.
When planning a Journey with the "Enter your destination" button (Fig.1),
- Tap on it to open the "Plan Journey" view (Fig.2).
- You do not need to enter the "starting point" location since it is pre-filled with the current location.
- Enter your destination
- From the list of options presented, tap on the suggested plan to view it in more detail, or tap "Confirm".
[Fig.1] Home view [Fig.2] Plan journey
If desired, the starting point and your destination may be modified.
- Starting point: Tap on "leave right now" to select the desired Leave By and/or Arrive At time/s.
- Once the starting point and destination are correctly filled, journey options will appear. Tap on the area above the Confirm button to view the full itinerary and the journey on the map.
[Fig.3] Journey options
In the case, you would like to change the time, tap on "leave right now" and pick the time that suits you.
[Fig.4] Change address and time
*NOTE: Tapping the "<" button will take you back to Home view and your journey planning will be erased!
[Fig.5] Start trip
- Tap on each leg of the journey to zoom in on that part of the journey on the map.
- Click the back button to take to the full list of journey options.
- Or, tap the start trip to book the journey.
Planning a journey using Favourites
Click on one of the Favourites from the Home view to open up the Plan Journey view and follow the above steps**.
**NOTE: Be advised that the default 'direction' is 'to', so, any Favorite place you select will be taken as the destination address.
[Fig.6] Adding favourites
Planning a taxi journey using the Whim Button
Tap on the Whim Button in the middle of the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen to open the Whim button. Then tap the Taxi button, which will open the Taxi route planner.
[Fig.7] Whim Wheel home page
In a similar manner as in the "Plan journey" view, a taxi may be taken from the current location, or the current location may be changed by entering the pickup address manually or selecting it from the map.
Next, enter the address of the destination, select from your Favorite places, or choose your destination from the map - there will be a prompt to "Set drop off location".
[Fig.8] Add address
From the options you get, tap on your prefered taxi provider you would like to use.
[Fig.9] Request taxi
Once completed, tap on request taxi read more here.