You may access public transport with Whim in the West Midlands area:
- Whim Everyday and Unlimited: All buses, trams, trains (local and national within the West Midlands region) and metro. Access via Whim Swift Card.
- Pay as you Go: for Midland Metro trams and National Express West Midlands buses (mobile tickets)
Whim Swiftcard signup process
- Invitation email / registering at a promotion event
- Download app
- Sign Up for Whim (phone number, verification code)
- Complete profile and payment details (After completing, app opens sign up form to web browser, https://whimapp.com/earlyaccess/)
- Sign up for Swift card + take a selfie or upload photo (choose a starting date)
- Accept Swift card and Whim plan terms (https://whimapp.com/swift/)
- After completing the sign-up form, the browser takes you to a thank you page (https://whimapp.com/swift-thankyou/) and back to the app.
- Wait to receive the card (Try out the app as a pay as you go basis) (It will take a few days to process your request so the Whim App will not show your new subscription immediately. We aim to deliver your Whim travel card within 7 days.)
- Receive the card
- Once you have received the card, your credit card will be charged and your subscription plan will commence. Your subscription will renew automatically on a monthly basis unless and until you decide to cancel.
- The plan is activated in the app.
How do I use the Whim Swift Card
- BUS: Place your card on the red scanner at the front of the bus on each bus you board and wait for the green light or beep.
- TRAM: Hand your card to the tram conductor who will scan your card for you.
- TRAIN: Hand your card to the train conductor when asked. For easy entry/exitat gated stations, hold it on the yellow reader to open the gates.
- You can use your Swift card as many times as required during the period of validity.
- You can see when your pass is due to expire by looking at the screen on the smart card scanner in the bus. You can also check the validity from your Whim app.
- Please keep the Swift smartcard separate from any contactless bank cards or other smartcards you may have when placing it on the scanner. Please do not bend the smartcard.
- Do not keep your card in the same wallet as other credit, debit or reward cards.
- Cards cannot be used again on the bus, train or tram within 3 minutes of the last valid read.
Additional information and Q/A
- Pay as you GoBuy mobile Daysaver Bus tickets (£4,50/ticket) for National Express West Midlands buses.
- Buy mobile Daysaver Bus & Metro tickets (£6.60/ticket) for Midland Metro trams and National Express West Midlands buses
- Unlimited use of public transport within the West Midlands county included in the monthly plan.
- All buses, trams, trains (local and national within the West Midlands region) and metro (value £99,00 per month).
- Access via the Whim Swift Card.
- Unlimited use of public transport within the West Midlands county included in the monthly plan - validity area shown in these attached maps - https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/map-and-guides/area-maps/
- All buses, trams, trains (local and national within the West Midlands region) and metro (value 99,00 £ /month)
- Access with Whim Swift Card
Notice: In the case that you decide to switch to Pay as you go, please inform us at least 5 days prior to this.
Whim Swift Card Terms and Conditions
Please see the Whim Swift Card Terms and Conditions here: https://whimapp.com/swift/