Public Transportation Antwerp
How does it work:
- You can access public transport with Whim in Antwerp and the Flanders region.
- The area has only one zone, so all the tickets cover the whole area: Bus (Antwerpen province and Flanders region); Tram and metro (only in Antwerp).
- With the M-ticket, you can travel on all buses and trams* for one hour.
(*except on Limburg express lines.)
How do I use Whim for public transport?
- The Whim app recognizes your location when you are buying a ticket and suggests the best ticket option for you.
- You can buy and activate De Lijn M-tickets with Whim using the Journey planner or with the Whim button.
- When you buy a ticket through the Journey planner, your ticket will be activated 5-10 minutes before your vehicle is scheduled to leave.
FIGURE 1a: Journey planner view FIGURE 1b: Journey planner map view
- When you buy a ticket through the Whim button, it will be activated immediately.
FIGURE 2: ticket view after tapping PT button.
- You can find all your active tickets and check their validity through the Tickets menu (ticket is valid for 1 hour)
FIGURE 3: TICKET VIEW!
- You can switch Public Transport modes freely while the ticket is valid and you are traveling inside the ticket’s region.
- When traveling by bus, you show the ticket to the driver.
FIGURE 4: Activated ticket!
When traveling by tram or metro, you don’t need to show the ticket unless required by a ticket inspector.