How does it work?
With Whim you can access DTM Taxi in Antwerp and book and pay for taxi rides with just a few clicks.
- With DTM Taxi, you can order both taxi and minivan, and there is no price difference between a regular taxi and a minivan.
How do I book a taxi?
Booking a taxi with the Whim button:
Select the Whim button.
(Fig 1) Whim button view
Choose Taxi and enter your destination address.
(Fig 2)Taxi view
Whim gives you an estimate of the price of your journey in advance before you confirm your order.
(Fig 3) Request Taxi
After you have confirmed your order, Whim will charge the estimated amount from your payment card and find you an available taxi.
(Fig 4) Payment view
The app will tell you the number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi (see Figures 5, 6 and 7 below).
(Fig 5)Taxi view
(Fig 6) Ticket view
(Fig 7) Home view
When you have arrived at your destination, the difference between the estimate and the final price of your ride will be charged from your payment card / refunded to you.
(Fig 8) Reconcile view
How are taxi rides charged?
We provide you with an estimate up front which you can reject before ordering. If you choose to accept the order and the estimate, then this is charged from your payment method immediately.
Upon arriving at your destination, the app will check the original estimate against the amount on the taxi meter. If the meter price is lower than the estimate, you will receive a refund* for the difference. And, if the meter price is higher than the estimate, you will be charged for the difference*.
(*Note: this will be done with in-app credit. Reconciliation will not be immediate, therefore, please allow for some time for it to complete.)
Just type in your destination and Whim will show you the estimated price of your ride*.
- Once you confirm your order the app will find you a car and tell you the number of the taxi and the estimated time of arrival.
- The estimated price of the ride will be charged from the payment card that you have added to your Whim account.
- Once you have reached your destination, the difference between the estimate and the final price will be charged from your card, or if the estimate was higher than the actual fare the difference will be refunded to your card.
- You will receive an email confirmation of the payments. And, if you need a receipt with more details, you can order that to your email from the app.
* Note: the service is intended for personal use. We will be offering other plans for business use in future.
I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can cancel it by tapping the Cancel button until you have received a confirmation of your ride. We will receive a notification of all bookings that were canceled on time or that failed due to technical problems. In these cases, you will automatically be refunded. You will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you are not sure whether your cancellation was successful, you may contact our customer service.
Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim if you grab/hail it from a taxi stand.
We are working on adding this option to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing, and Whim will tell you the estimated price for the order.