Sixt offers cars classes from economy to luxury vehicles. You can find the available car options from the app. The app will show the available cars and pick-up locations to choose from.
The minimum age for every driver is 21 years (having held the driving license for at least 2 years). A deviation from the minimum age is possible depending on the vehicle. For more details about the age limits, please contact Sixt customer service.
A young driver surcharge (of 11€ per day with a maximum of 120€ per month) applies for drivers under 25 years. This will be paid at the rental desk when picking up the car.
If you wish to go abroad with the car, it needs to be discussed in advance with Sixt customer service.
Pay as you Go Standard pricing
How to rent a car with Whim App.
With Whim, you can book and pay Sixt rental cars fast and easy, with just a few clicks.
Open the Cars menu and select Find car.
(Fig. 1) Rental view
Select the days you will need the car (start and end dates).
(Fig. 2) Rental date and time selector
The app will show you free cars, their prices, and locations where they can be picked up.
(Fig. 3) Car offer list by location
Select the car and pick-up location that suits you the best.
(Fig. 4) Book this car view
Accept terms & conditions of the rental
(Fig. 5) Confirm car booking view
and confirm the booking.
(Fig. 6) See above!
Picking up and returning the car
- You will need a valid driver’s license (minimum of two years of driving experience)
- And will need a valid identity card or passport
- You will need a credit card for deposit. The car rental will place a reservation on your card for possible damages. The amount of the deposit is dependent on the vehicle (for details, please contact Sixt customer service).
- Credit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies are acceptable, whereas all prepaid and debit cards, such as VISA Electron are not accepted (if you are unsure whether your card is accepted, please contact Sixt customer service for advice).
- The payment method must be issued in the driver's name. This must be presented at the time of vehicle pick-up and be valid at this time.
- Cash Payment is not accepted.
- The deposit will be returned to your card after the rental if the car is returned as agreed and its condition matches the rental terms and conditions.
The rental price includes 250 km (additional kilometers for an extra fee) and the mandatory traffic insurance.
The rental car should be returned to the same office it was picked up from unless otherwise agreed. If you wish to return the car to a different location, please contact Sixt customer service (no extra charge for this).
The car also needs to be returned with a full gas tank, unless otherwise agreed with the rental office.
- If you need extra services during the car rental (e.g., children’s safety seat, returning the car with an empty gas tank) please contact Sixt customer service. Please note that the availability of some extra services might be limited so it is better to book those in advance by contacting Sixt customer service.
- Additional driver: 7,50€/Day. Please remember that the additional driver also needs to have a valid driver’s license with them when picking up the car.
- You can also travel with pets but please note that the car has to be returned clean. If the rental sees the need for cleaning the car, they will charge you the cleaning costs.
- Delivery/Collection: 17€ for 10 km, extra km 0,50 EUR. If you need a delivery/collection service, please contact Sixt customer service.