With Whim, you can book a car from Sixt in the Antwerp area. This article will explain the following:
- How to rent a car with Whim
- Picking up and returning the car
- Age requirements
- Extra Services
How to rent a car with Whim App.
With Whim, you can book and pay Sixt rental cars fast and easy, with just a few clicks.
Press car icon and select Find a car.
(Fig. 1) Rental view
Select the days you need the car (start and end date and time).
*Note: If the app shows no cars available, this might be due to start and end times being out of rental office hours.
(Fig. 2) Rental date and time selector
The app will show you cars available for you and their prices by rental office location. If you are booking from outside the area from where you are planning to collect the car, you may have to use the filter to change your location.
(Fig. 3) Car offer list by location view
Select the car, accept the terms & conditions of the rental and confirm the booking.
Book this car view
(Fig. 4) Book this car view (Fig. 5) Confirm car booking view
Accept terms & conditions of the rental and confirm payment to book the car (Fig. 5).
(Fig. 6) Booking confirmed view
If you wish to cancel your booking, go to your Garage, view the details of the booking that you wish to cancel, choose 'cancel booking' and confirm the cancellation (Fig.7).
(Fig. 7) Cancel the Booking view
Picking up and returning the car
- You will need a valid driver’s license (minimum of two years of driving experience)
- You will need a valid identity card or passport
- You will need a credit card for deposit. The car rental will place a reservation on your card for possible damages. The amount of the deposit is dependent on the vehicle (for details, please contact Sixt customer service).
- Credit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies are acceptable, whereas all prepaid and debit cards, such as VISA Electron are not accepted (if you are unsure whether your card is accepted, please contact Sixt customer service for advice).
- The payment method must be issued in the driver's name. This must be presented at the time of vehicle pick-up and be valid at this time.
- Cash Payment is not accepted. The deposit will be returned to your card after the rental if the car is returned as agreed and its condition matches the rental terms and conditions.
- The rental price includes 250 km (additional kilometres for an extra fee) and the mandatory traffic insurance.
- The rental car should be returned to the same office it was picked up from unless otherwise agreed. If you wish to return the car to a different location, please contact Sixt customer service (no extra charge for this).
- The car also needs to be returned with a full gas tank, unless otherwise agreed with the rental office.
Pay as you Go Standard pricing
Whim Everyday Starting from €49/day
- The minimum age for every driver is 21 years (having held the driving license for at least 2 years). A deviation from the minimum age is possible depending on the vehicle. For more details about the age limits, please contact Sixt customer service.
- A young driver surcharge (of 11€ per day with a maximum of 120€ per month) applies for drivers under 25 years. This will be paid at the rental desk when picking up the car.
- If you need extra services during the car rental (e.g., children’s safety seat, returning the car with an empty gas tank) please contact Sixt customer service. Please note that the availability of some extra services might be limited so it is better to book those in advance by contacting Sixt customer service.
- Additional driver: 7,50€/Day. Please remember that the additional driver also needs to have a valid driver’s license with them when picking up the car.
- You can also travel with pets but please note that the car has to be returned clean. If the rental sees the need for cleaning the car, they will charge you the cleaning costs.
- Delivery/Collection: 17€ for 10 km, extra km 0,50 EUR. If you need a delivery/collection service, please contact Sixt customer service.