With Whim you can access DTM Taxi and Antwerp Taxi in Antwerp and book and pay for taxi rides with just a few clicks. With Whim you can order both normal taxis and minivans from DTM Taxi and regular taxis from Antwerp Taxi. In this article you can find the following:
How to book a taxi
1. Select the Whim button.
(Fig 1) Whim button view
2. Choose Taxi and enter your destination address.
(Fig 2)Taxi view
3. Whim gives you an estimate of the price of your journey in advance before you confirm your order.
(Fig 3) Request Taxi
4. In certain areas, you may be able to select a taxi operator from the available taxi operators.
(Fig 4) Select a taxi operator
5. After you have confirmed your order, we will make a cover reservation on your payment card which is 20% higher than the estimate. Final charges will be calculated at the end of the trip based on the actual fare.
(Fig 5) Payment view
6. The app will tell you the number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi (see Figures 6, 7 and 8 below).
(Fig 6) Taxi view
(Fig 7) Ticket view
(Fig 8) Home view
7. When you have arrived at your destination, the difference between the cover reservation and the final price of your ride will be charged from your payment card/refunded to you.
(Fig 9) Reconcile view
Questions and Answers
- How are taxi rides charged?
- What are the pricing details for Pay as you Go and Whim Everyday users?
- I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
- Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
- I ordered a taxi, but I can't find it?
How are taxi rides charged?
We provide you with an estimated cost upfront which you can view before choosing to request a taxi. If you choose to accept the order, the price estimate will be charged from your payment method immediately.
Upon arriving at your destination, the app will check the original estimated price against the taxi meter. If the meter price is lower than the estimate, you will receive a refund* for the difference. And, if the meter price is higher than the estimate, you will be charged extra to cover the difference*.
*Note: this will be done with in-app credit. Reconciliation will not be immediate, therefore, please allow for some time for it to complete.
What are the pricing details for Pay as you Go and Whim Everyday users?
For Pay as you Go users, standard taxi pricing applies.
For Whim Everyday users, all taxi rides within 5 km radius of his/her current location have a maximum price of 10 €*, regardless of the day, time, or the number of passengers. For trips over 5 km, standard taxi pricing applies.
Whim prices are based on normal taxi fares in Antwerp. Please see the table below for more on taxi pricing:
Antwerp Taxi: http://www.antwerp-tax.be/nl/diensten-prijzen/tax
DTM Taxi: http://www.dtmtaxi.be/taxi/?lang=en
* Note: the 10€ taxi rides include only the single ride from the pick-up point to your destination. All changes to the route or additional destinations are available, however, at your own cost according to standard taxi pricing.
I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can cancel it until a driver has confirmed the request by tapping the "Cancel" button. We will receive a notification of all bookings that were canceled on time or that failed due to technical problems. In these cases, you will automatically be refunded. You will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, please contact our customer service via the in-app Help Centre or online.
Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim if you grab/hail it from a taxi stand.
We are working on adding this option to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing, and Whim will tell you the estimated price for the order.
I ordered a taxi, but I can't find it?
If you have ordered a taxi through Whim but you can’t find it, please contact the taxi dispatch centre directly by calling the number shown in the app, and inform them about the taxi number as well as your location.