With Whim you can access DTM Taxi and Antwerp Taxi in Antwerp and book and pay for taxi rides with just a few clicks. With DTM Taxi, you can order both normal taxi's and minivan's, and there is no price difference between a regular taxi and a minivan. With Antwerp Taxi, only regular taxi is available at this moment. In this article you can find the following:
How to book a taxi
- Select the Whim button.
(Fig 1) Whim button view
- Choose Taxi and enter your destination address.
(Fig 2)Taxi view
- Whim gives you an estimate of the price of your journey in advance before you confirm your order.
(Fig 3) Request Taxi
- In certain areas, you may be able to select a taxi operator from the available taxi operators.
(Fig 4) Select a taxi operator
- After you have confirmed your order, Whim will charge the estimated amount from your payment card and find you an available taxi.
(Fig 5) Payment view
- The app will tell you the number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi (see Figures 6, 7 and 8 below).
(Fig 6) Taxi view
(Fig 7) Ticket view
(Fig 8) Home view
- When you have arrived at your destination, the difference between the estimate and the final price of your ride will be charged from your payment card/refunded to you.
(Fig 9) Reconcile view
Questions and Answers
- How are taxi rides charged?
- What are the pricing details for Pay as you Go and Whim Everyday users?
- I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
- Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
- I ordered a taxi, but I couldn't find it?
How are taxi rides charged?
We provide you with an estimate upfront which you can reject before ordering. If you choose to accept the order and the estimate, then this is charged from your payment method immediately.
Upon arriving at your destination, the app will check the original estimate against the amount on the taxi meter. If the meter price is lower than the estimate, you will receive a refund* for the difference. And, if the meter price is higher than the estimate, you will be charged for the difference*.
*Note: this will be done with in-app credit. Reconciliation will not be immediate, therefore, please allow for some time for it to complete.
What are the pricing details for Pay as you Go and Whim Everyday users?
For Pay as you Go users, standard taxi pricing applies.
For Whim Everyday users, all taxi rides within 5 km radius of his/her current location have a maximum price of 10 €*, regardless of the day, time, or the number of passengers. For trips over 5 km, standard taxi pricing applies.
Whim prices are based on normal taxi fares in Antwerp. Please see the table below for more on taxi pricing:
Antwerp Taxi: http://www.antwerp-tax.be/nl/diensten-prijzen/tax
DTM Taxi: http://www.dtmtaxi.be/taxi/?lang=en
* Note: the 10€ taxi rides include only the single ride from the pick-up point to your destination. All changes to the route or additional destinations are available, however, at your own cost according to standard taxi pricing.
I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can cancel it by tapping the Cancel button until you’ve received a confirmation of your ride. We will receive a notification of all bookings that were canceled on time or that failed due to technical problems. In these cases, you will automatically be refunded. You will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, you may contact our customer service.
Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim if you grab/hail it from a taxi stand.
We are working on adding this option to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing, and Whim will tell you the estimated price for the order.
I ordered a taxi, but I couldn't find it?
If you have ordered a taxi through Whim but you couldn’t find it, please contact directly the taxi dispatch center, whose number is shown in the app, and inform them the taxi number as well as your location.