This article covers the different Whim plans that are offered in the Helsinki capital region. This article covers:
- Introduction to Whim plans
- Questions and answers
Introduction to Whim plans
Whim plans are the world's first multi-mode mobility solution. They facilitate travel with different modes of transportation via a subscription plan from a single mobile app. Whim is a convenient way to book and pay for HSL mobile single tickets in the HSL Region, taxi rides, city bikes and rental cars from multiple taxi and car operators.
Below are the current Whim plans (Fig.1) which are offered in the Helsinki capital region.
(Fig.1) Different Whim Plans
Whim Urban 30 (Detailed information on this plan can be found here)
This plan is suitable for regular travelers who could use the occasional flexibility of a taxi or car. With this plan, you will get the following:
- Different options for HSL 30-day tickets that a customer can choose from depending on the municipality (zone) they live in.
- Unlimited 30-minute trips with city bikes with Helsinki & Espoo City bikes during summer bike season (Vantaa not included).
- Unprecedented flexibility and comfort of €10 taxis within a 5km radius. Rides beyond a 5-km radius of your current location will be charged according to the price estimate or taxi meter price depending on the service provider.
- Affordable rental cars starting from €49/day. Kindly note that an additional driver is included in the price when you rent from Sixt and Toyota Rent. However, an additional driver is not included in the price, when renting from Hertz, but this can be purchased as an extra service when picking up the car (29,50€ per additional driver). Please note that the additional driver must also come along to pick up the car and present their driving license when picking up the car.
Whim Weekend (Detailed information on this plan can be found here)
Whim Weekend is a new addition to our growing portfolio of subscription plans. With it, you can get car rental weekends from Friday to Monday, 15% off on all taxi rides, a 30-day HSL ticket, and unlimited 30-minute rides with City Bikes!
- You can get a rental car (Ford Fiesta or equivalent) from Sixt easily with Whim Weekend! You can schedule your rental on Fridays from 15:00 onward, and return it at the latest on Mondays by 14:00*. The availability of cars is subject to our rental suppliers’ supply of qualifying vehicles.
- With Whim Weekend, all your taxi rides in the wider Helsinki area come with a 15% discount.
- Different options for HSL 30-day tickets that a customer can choose from depending on the municipality (zones) they live in.
- Unlimited 30-minute trips with city bikes with Helsinki & Espoo City bikes once the season starts (Vantaa not included).
*Note: If you rent a car outside these times, a daily price of €49 will be charged for the entire rental period.
Whim Unlimited (Detailed information on this plan can be found here)
Whim Unlimited offers a modern alternative to owning a car. For the price of owning a car, you get unlimited access to public transport, taxi or a car according to your needs. The plan includes:
- Unlimited internal (single) tickets, which can be used internally either in zones AB or BC.
- Free taxi rides within a 5-km radius of your location (max. 80 rides per month). For rides beyond a 5-km radius of your current location, standard pricing will apply and the price is defined according to the price estimate or taxi meter price depending on the service provider. If number of rides per month exceed 80, the price of any rides exceeding the limit will be charged afterwards with standard taxi pricing.
- Unlimited amount of 30-minute bike rides with Helsinki & Espoo City bikes during summer bike season (Vantaa not included).
- Unlimited access to basic rental vehicles for up to 30 days* at a time. An additional driver is included in the price when you rent from Sixt and Toyota Rent. However, an additional driver is not included in the price, when renting from Hertz, but this can be purchased as an extra service when picking up the car (29,50€ per additional driver).
- ALD car sharing. Kind visit the page of ALD car sharing for more information.
*Note: If you have rented a car from Sixt for more than 27 days, a 2000-kilometers per month limit will apply to your reservation. Anything over the 2000 km/month will be charged a fee by Sixt. For a rental of 27 days or less, no kilometer limit applies. For more information, please see Sixt Terms and conditions in Finland.
Whim to Go
This is Whims pay-per-ride or pay-as-you-go option and is suitable for those who want to try Whim first before committing to a subscription plan with a recurring fee or those that simply don’t travel that much. This option does not have a recurring fee. You can easily pay per ride without commitment or surcharges and can also purchase the following tickets on standard pricing:
(Fig.1) Different zones and prices
For more information about the Whim plans, please check here.
Questions and answers
- Can I change my plan and how do I do this?
- May I discontinue my plan after it has renewed?
- May I pause my Whim plan?
- Where do I find more information regarding different transport modes?
Can I change my plan and how do I do this?
Yes, you can. You are allowed to change your plan at any time. However, take note that:
- If you change your plan due to downgrading e.g., from Whim Urban 30, Whim Weekend or Whim Unlimited to Whim to go, the changes will only take effect at the end of the current billing period.
- If you are upgrading your plan from Whim Urban 30 or Whim Weekend to Whim Unlimited, the changes will take effect immediately.
- If you are upgrading your plan from Whim Urban 30 to Whim Weekend, the change will take effect at the end of the current billing period.
To change your plan, you need to go to the “Profile” view in the app, choose “My plan”, and “Change”. Here you may also select any available add-ons by tapping on Customize Plan, e.g., regional public transit, and activate those (for a fee).
May I discontinue my plan after it has renewed?
Unfortunately, you cannot. All cancellations should be done before the automatic renewal date. Changes made after the renewal date or time will only take effect at the end of the current (or the just renewed) billing cycle.
May I pause my Whim plan?
Unfortunately, you cannot pause the Whim plan. Please make sure prior to the renewal that you have opted out from the plan, for the plan cannot be discontinued after the renewal.
You can do this by going to the Profile view > My Plan > Change > choose Whim to Go and Subscribe until you get the notification that your plan will change.
Where do I find more information regarding different transportation modes?
Please visit the following pages for more information regarding different transportation modes: