With Whim you get access to taxis via our partners, which include Kajon, Taxi Helsinki and Lähitaksi*. You can book and pay for rides in just a few taps. In this article, you will learn about:
*Note: Lähitaksi is currently unavailable.
Booking a taxi with Whim wheel
1. Select the Whim wheel (Fig.1).
(Fig.1) Select Whim Wheel
2. Choose Taxi and enter your destination address. You can also edit the pick-up address or choose your exact location from the map (Fig.2).
(Fig.2) Set drop off address
3. Whim presents you with the taxi prices from different service providers in advance before you request a taxi (Fig.3).
(Fig.3) Prices from different service providers
4. After selecting the service provider, Whim will charge you a fixed taxi fare (Fig.4) or an estimated fare* (Fig.5) based on the service provider.
*Note: Estimated fare means that the final cost of the ride is determined by the taxi meter and it will be charged at the end of the trip.
(Fig.4) E.g.Taxi Helsinki (Fig.5) E.g. Kajon taxi
5. After the payment, Whim will request a taxi for you (Fig.6).
(Fig.6) Whim requesting a taxi
6. You may cancel the request by clicking the “Cancel” button (Fig.7 and 8). Please wait until you receive the green message saying “Booking was cancelled”.
(Fig.7) Cancel the request (Fig.8) Confirm the cancellation request (Fig.9) A successful cancellation
7. After a successful request, Whim will show you the taxi number as well as the estimated time of arrival of the taxi (Fig.10).
(Fig.10) Taxi number and pickup estimation
8. You will receive an email confirmation about the payment*. If you need a receipt with more detail, please select the trip from the past trips view and tap Send receipt by email.
More information on how to book a taxi through Whim can be found here.
Questions and answers:
- How are taxi trips priced?
- Cancel I cancel my taxi booking through Whim?
- I called the taxi center to cancel my taxi, why do I still get charged?
- Can I use Whim for any taxi in the capital region?
- Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank?
- I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose the payment I spent on the order?
- Can I still change the destination once a booking is made via the app?
How are taxi trips priced?
Taxi trips are priced according to meter price estimate (Taksi Helsinki & Lähitaksi) or actual taxi meter pricing (Kajon). Depending on which Whim Plan you are subscribed to, your taxi trips will be charged as follows:
- Whim to Go: Standard pricing applies.
- Whim Urban 30: Taxi trips within 5km from your departure location are 10€ at maximum. For taxi rides beyond 5km standard pricing applies.
- Whim Weekend: -15% of all taxi rides in the wider Helsinki area.
- Whim Unlimited: Taxi trips within 5km from your departure location are free. Standard pricing applies for taxi rides beyond 5km or taxi rides made when you are using a rental car.
More pricing information from our service providers:
- Taksi Helsinki prices: https://taksihelsinki.fi/tilaa-taksi/taksihinnat
- Lähitaksi prices: https://www.lahitaksi.fi/fi/hinnasto
- Kajon Taxi prices: https://www.kajon.fi/hinnasto/
Can I cancel my booking through Whim?
If the taxi order has already been confirmed by the driver, unfortunately, it can no longer be cancelled. However, you are able to cancel the booking before the request being accepted by the driver (Fig.11 and 12). Please be patient when the app is cancelling your request, you will get a confirmation message “Booking was cancelled” after a successful cancellation (Fig.13). If you didn’t get a notification of successful cancellation, it may indicate that a taxi driver has already accepted your booking and is on their way to you.
(Fig. 11) Cancel the request (Fig. 12) Confirm the cancellation request (Fig. 13) A successful cancellation
I called the taxi center to cancel my taxi, why do I still get charged?
If you can not cancel your taxi booking any more via the app, you may cancel it by calling the taxi center. Please note that you are entitled to a cancellation fee if the cancellation is made after the driver has accepted your request and is on the way to pick you up.
The cancellation fee is decided by our service providers and it will be charged from the user:
- Kajon Taxi: 10€
- Taksi Helsinki: 10€
Can I use Whim for any taxi in the capital region?
For the time being, you may order taxis from Taksi Helsinki, Kajon and Lähitaksi* through Whim.
*Note: Lähitaksi is currently unavailable.
Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank?
Unfortunately, this is not possible just yet. We are working on a solution to this to make traveling with Whim even more convenient for you in the future.
I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose the payment I spent on the order?
We get notified of all failed orders and return the credit to you automatically.
If you need help, however, please contact us via the Whim customer support channel or via email at email@example.com.
Can I still change the destination once a booking is made via the app?
Once a booking is made via the app, the destination can no longer be changed. If you notice that your address is incorrect while Whim is still searching for a taxi for you, you can cancel the booking in the app by tapping the Cancel button and make a new booking.