To use Whim Service, normally users must have reached the age of legal competency according to the applicable legislation. However, with your express consent as the parent or legal guardian, if your child has not reached the age of legal competence, he/she may still register to and use Whim. In this article you will learn about:
- Whim account for your child
- Steps for setting up a Whim account for your child
- Questions and Answers
Whim account for your child
With your express consent as the parent or legal guardian of a child who has not yet reached the age of legal competency, a Whim account may be established for him/her. The account will only be available on a Pay-as-You-Go basis.
Please bear in mind that age restrictions do apply for the services which are available via Whim for under-age customers, as follows*:
- HSL: Public transportation tickets (available for children aged 7 - 17 years)
- Taxi service
- Lähitaksi: Terms and Conditions
- Menevä: at least 18 years old to make a booking (Terms and Conditions)
- Tier eScooters: at least 18 years of age (General Terms and Conditions for using the Tier service)
- Voi eScooters: at least 18 years of age (User agreement and terms and conditions for using the Voi services)
- Car rental, depending on the provider:
*Attention: Please be advised that one must meet the age requirements set by our service providers in order to take the service into use. Therefore, any damages, loss or theft, accidents, injuries or other related charges incurred by riders under the age limits are the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Steps for setting up a Whim account for your child
To enable Whim services for your child, you need to fill in the following parental consent form and submit it online. Once the submission is done, kindly inform us by contacting our customer care in-app or here. We will then follow up with you about the next steps for setting up an account for your child!
Kindly note that when you fill in the form, you agree to provide truthful and complete information. You, as the parent or legal guardian, are personally responsible for all charges/costs which may arise due to the use of the service with the profile you have created for your child.
If you wish to discontinue the service, please contact Whim Customer Care.
Questions and Answers
- Is the HSL 30-day ticket available in Whim for my child?
- Is there an age limitation for HSL child tickets?
- How can I terminate the Whim account for my child?
Is the HSL 30-day ticket available in Whim for my child?
For the time being, Whim for children is only available on a Pay-as-You-Go basis.
Is there an age limitation for HSL child tickets?
On all HSL’s transport services, children aged 7-17 years can travel using child tickets.
How can I terminate the Whim account for my child?
If you wish to delete service, please contact Whim Customer Care. Please provide the picture of your driver’s license or ID and the last 4-digit of your payment method.