This article covers the 2 different Property MaaS Whim plans that are offered in the Japan, Kashiwa area.
- Introduction to Property Maas plans
- Whim Home Premium
- How to subscribe to the Property Maas plans
- Questions and Answers
Introduction to Property Maas plans
Whim plans are the world's first multi-mode mobility solution. They facilitate travel with different modes of transportation via a subscription plan from a single mobile app. Whim is a convenient way to book and pay for Tobu bus tickets, Japan Taxi rides, Docomo shared bikes, and Careco shared rental cars.
To be eligible for the plans, you will need to be a Mitsui Fudosan (MF) apartment resident of 1 apartment building ("Park City Kashiwanoha Campus The Gate Tower West"
Whim Home Premium
This is the “experimental” plan. The plan is for 30 days and includes the car and bike as close by as if it were your own. Taxis and buses are also available for when they are more convenient than a car or bike.
The price for the Whim Urban/family plan costing ¥40,000/month
The following is included in the plan:
- Tobu bus: You get an unlimited number of ¥300 tickets
- Japan Taxi: you also get ¥3000 in-app credit. Once you have used up all the credit, you can still use the service with PAYG pricing “On-top PAYG” and pay according to the meter price. Credit can also be used for other additional charges on other services offered in Whim and not just for taxis.
- Docomo bike share: there are 20 private bikes available at the MF property (15 normal & 5 road bikes). You get unlimited access to the bikes. However, please note each bike reservation from pick-up to drop-off can be maximum 6 hours.
- Careco: There are 6 private cars available at the MF property (3 with baby child seats). There is 72 hours of rental time included in the plan. Once you have used up all the 72 hours, you can still use the service with PAYG pricing “On-top PAYG” and pay ¥150/every started 10 min
How to subscribe to the Property Maas plans
- Download Whim from Apple store or Google play.
- Enter your phone number
- Select “Japan” as a region of use
- Enter the "resident subscription code" in the "Add travel credit" view depending on which one of the 2 plans you want to subscribe to.
- Or tap on the link you received; Codes are personalized & multi-use (1 per user) & specific to one of the 2 Prop MaaS (WHIM HOME PREMIUM) plans.
- Based on the “resident subscription code” you entered, choose your apartment building.
- Enter your personal information (name, email, e.t.c)
- You will be directed to the subscription view
- Add payment method
Confirm the Whim Premium plan by tapping on "Pay".
- You’ve successfully subscribed! Your credit card is being charged.
Questions and answers
- How can I cancel the plan?
- Can I still use my unused tickets and minutes left from my previous month?
- May I discontinue my plan after it has automatically renewed?
- May I pause my Property MaaS plan?
- Can I still use my unused credit after I cancel my plan?
- What do I do if I move out of MF property?
How can I discontinue the plan?
To cancel the plan, please follow the following steps:
- Go to the “profile view” and tap on “Current Plan”.
- Tap “Edit”.
- Tap on “Discontinue Plan”
- See information about until when your plan will be active and about unused days not being refundable.
- Confirm the discontinuation.
- Once you unsubscribe, you can continue using the plan with all its components until the end of your subscription period.
Can I still use my unused tickets and minutes left from my previous month?
Unfortunately no. If you unsubscribe and you still have unused tickets and/or minutes left on your plan at the end of the month, they become unusable.
May I discontinue my plan after it has automatically renewed?
Unfortunately, you cannot. All cancellations should be done before the automatic renewal date. Changes made after the renewal date or time will only take effect at the end of the current (or the just renewed) billing cycle.
The detailed steps of discontinuing your plan can be found here.
May I pause my Property MaaS plan?
Unfortunately, you cannot pause these plans. Therefore, please ensure that prior to your plan's renewal you have made the change in the app to cancel your plan. Once the plan is renewed it cannot be canceled and you will have to wait till the next renewal date before you can cancel it again.
Can I still use my unused credit after I cancel my plan?
Unfortunately no. Once unsubscribed, you cannot use Whim’s pay-as-you-go offering as there are no service providers available in this mode.
If you unsubscribe and you still have some credit remaining (e.g., 2000 or 3000 yen) left, the leftover credit will show up in their profile but cannot be used for other services yet (because no PAYG available yet).
What do I do if I move out of MF property?
If and when you move out of the MF property, we kindly ask that you please unsubscribe from the plan to avoid automatic renewals from happening.