This article discusses how a customer can use Tobu bus East via Whim. In this article you can find information on the following:
Using Tobu Bus East
You can ride the Tobu bus East in Kashiwa with Whim. Currently, it is only available to subscribers of the Property MaaS plans on either Whim home premium or Whim basic.
Tobu Bus East coverage
All Tobu Bus East routes starting from Kashiwanoha Campus stations (East gate and West gate), excluding Nishi-Kashiwa 11 system, highway bus, community bus, will be covered by Whim.
How to use Tobu Bus East with Whim
In order to be able to use Tobu Bus East with Whim, you need to subscribe to one of the 2 Property MaaS Plans Whim home premium and Whim home basic.
How to buy the Tobu Bus East ticket:
- Tap on Whim Wheel and select “Bus” or look for suitable routes in the journey planner.
(Fig.1) Home view
- Tap the 'W' in the middle of the navigation bar. This opens the Whim view, where you can then select Public Transport.
(Fig.2) Whim Wheel
- Tap on the Tobu Bus “300 yen Ticket”. See the price and ticket validity (valid for 3 hours from time of purchase). Also see bus lines on which your ticket is valid (not valid on SG Realty 11,Nishi Kashiwa 11)
(Fig. 3) Tobu Bus ticket type
- Confirm the purchase. By doing this, you accept the terms and conditions of Tobu Bus.
- You can only purchase one adult ticket per smartphone.
- You need an internet connection to purchase and use the ticket.
- The ticket is issued and activated immediately upon purchase
Fig. 4) Confirm the purchase
- Tap on the ticket to see more information on how to ride the bus, ticket details, customer care information, available routes, and Tobu Bus terms and conditions.
(Fig 5.) Ticket details
- You will see the active ticket from the App’s “Tickets view”.
(Fig 5.) Tickets view in the App
Question and Answers:
- What type of tickets can I purchase via Whim?
- Can I cancel the ticket after I buy it?
- Can I schedule my ticket to be activated later?
- Is there a night fair price?
- Can I buy more than one ticket on my phone?
- What information does the ticket show?
- Where can I find my purchased ticket in the App?
- Can I use the ticket on different buses?
- What do I do if my tickets expire during the bus ride?
- What do I do if I go beyond the ticket coverage area?
What type of tickets can I purchase via Whim?
With Whim, you can buy a 3-hour ticket costing 300 yen. The ticket is valid for 3 hours from the time of purchase
Can I cancel the ticket after I buy it?
Unfortunately, you cannot cancel the ticket once you have bought it nor can the ticket be refunded. In addition, please note that refunds cannot be made for delays due to traffic congestion.
Only in exceptional scenarios, it may be refunded when the service is cancelled due to e.g., a natural disaster.
Can I schedule my ticket to be activated later?
Unfortunately No. The ticket is issued and activated immediately upon purchase.
Is there a night fair price?
Yes. From around 23:15 a late-night fare applies (50% of the regular late-night fare price), payable in cash/IC card on the bus in addition to the 300 yen ticket in Whim.
What information does the ticket show?
On the Tobu bus ticket, you will be able to see the following:
- Date & time of issue
- The price
- Validity and Expiration time
- Instructions on "how to use" ticket"
- ticket number and type
Can I buy more than one ticket on my phone?
No. You can only purchase one adult ticket per smartphone.
Where can I find my purchased ticket in the App?
You will be able to find the bought ticket from the Apps “My Tickets” view. From there, you can use it from the time of purchase until the specified expiration date.
Even if you board the bus within the valid period, the ticket cannot be used if it has expired by the time you get off the bus. Please pay the fare from the boarding station with cash, IC card or buy another ticket in Whim.
Can I use the ticket on different buses?
Yes, you can. You can get on and off the bus as often as you like within the ticket's 3 hour-validity. Remember to always get a new boarding ticket when entering a new bus.
When you’re ready to continue the journey, get on a bus, get another boarding location ticket and keep it until exiting the bus.
What do I do if my tickets expire during the bus ride?
In this case, you will need to buy a new ticket with Whim, or alternatively, you can buy a new ticket on the bus and pay in cash or with Suica.
What do I do if I go beyond the ticket coverage area?
If you ride beyond the coverage area, please pay the one-way fare from the last stop in the area to the final stop outside the section.
For more guidance on how to use the buses, kindly read directly from Tobu bus Q&A Here