With Whim you can book and pay for taxis from Taxi 31300 in the greater Vienna area with just a few clicks. You can currently find regular Taxi 31300 taxis and taxi vans on Whim. This article covers the following:
How to Book a Taxi Using Whim
1. You can easily book a taxi through Whim by tapping the Taxi button in the Home View (Fig.1).
Fig. 1. Whim Home View
2. Enter your destination address (Fig. 2). After entering your destination, you can also edit the pick-up address or choose your exact location from the map (Fig. 3).
Fig. 2. Insert address view
Fig. 3. Set drop off address view
3. Whim gives you an estimate of the price of the ride in advance before you confirm your order (Currently, you can book regular Taxi 31300 taxis and taxi vans via Whim).
Fig. 4. Request Taxi
4. Confirm your order (Fig. 5). We will make a cover reservation on your payment card which is 20% higher than the estimate. Final charges will be calculated at the end of the trip based on the actual fare.
Fig. 5. Confirm taxi ride view
Fig. 6. Requesting Taxi view
5. It is possible to cancel the taxi request by tapping the red "Cancel" button before the driver confirms the (Fig. 7). Confirm cancellation (Fig. 8) and wait for the taxi search to be fully cancelled. Please note, that if you are unable to cancel your request, this may mean that a taxi has already accepted your request. Please check your Whim app ticket view for active trips.
Fig. 7. Cancel taxi Fig. 8. Confirm taxi ride cancellation
6. Once a taxi driver has been found for you, the app will tell you the license plate number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi. In the case that one driver redirects the ride to another driver, the number of your taxi changes during your booking and you will receive a notification. This might happen when another taxi is closer to you, helping you to reach your destination faster.
You can see the car approaching on the map and also the dispatch centre phone number to contact them by phone if needed (Fig. 9).
In case the driver has trouble finding you at the pick-up spot, they may call you directly.
7. When your taxi arrives, say hi to the driver, hop in and enjoy the ride (Fig. 10).
Fig. 9. Call taxi operator view Fig. 10. Ongoing taxi trip view
8. When you have arrived at the destination, the price in the taxi meter will be charged from your payment card (Fig. 11). The charge is settled with the pre-authorized amount: if the final fare is higher than the pre-authorized amount, the difference will be added to the final charge, and if the final fare is lower, the final fare is charged and the rest of the pre-authorized amount is released back to your payment card balance. Depending on the bank, this might not happen immediately.
At the end of your ride, your taxi driver will ask you to sign a receipt of your trip, which the driver will keep. This is purely a formality and does not incur any additional charges from you.
Fig. 11. Completed trip
9. You can view your past trips on your Whim app profile page under ‘Past Trips’. If you need a receipt for a past trip, you can get them sent to your registered email address from here.
Questions and Answers
- How does Whim work in the taxi?
- What are the pricing details for a user without a plan?
- How can I tip my taxi driver?
- I ordered a taxi by accident, can I still cancel it?
- Is there a cancellation fee for cancelled orders?
- Can I pay with Whim if I grab a taxi at a taxi rank/stand?
- I ordered a taxi through Whim. Can other passengers travel with me?
- Can I ask the driver to make an extra stop to drop off a friend or change destination of taxi ride whilst I am in the taxi?
- I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose the payment I spent on the order?
- Can I still change the destination once the booking has been via the app?
- What is the cover reservation?
- What are the Terms and Conditions of Taxi 31300?
How does Whim work in the taxi?
When you order a taxi through Whim, the app will show you the estimated arrival time of your taxi, and you can even follow its approach on a map.
Once the taxi arrives, all you need to do is jump in, say hi to the driver and enjoy the ride. The driver already knows where you are going and your journey is already paid for.
What are the pricing details for a user without a plan?
Taxi rides without a plan are priced according to the taximeter price.
Price list: Here
How can I tip my taxi driver?
As we are still working on adding a tipping feature in the Whim app, for now, if you wish, please leave a tip to your taxi driver in cash.
I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can still cancel it by tapping the ‘cancel’ button if you have not yet received a confirmation of your ride.
You can also cancel your taxi after the driver has confirmed the order by calling the driver/taxi dispatch centre using the phone number shown in Whim any time before it has arrived at the pickup location.
If your booking was cancelled in time or failed due to a technical reason, we will automatically refund you and you will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, you may contact our customer service through the in-app Help Center.
Is there a cancellation fee for cancelled orders?
Yes, there is. Different cancellation charges apply depending on the time the cancellation is done. The charges mentioned below only apply within Vienna’s City boarders.
- In the day time, the cancellation fee is €6,60.
- In the evening, on weekends and public holidays, the cancellation fee is €7,10.
Also, please note that the cancellation fee is only charged when i.e.,
- The taxi has arrived at the pick-up location and the customer changes their mind and does not take that the taxi
- When the taxi arrives at the pick location and the customer is not there.
Can I pay with Whim, if I grab a taxi at a taxi rank/stand?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim, if you grab it from a taxi stand. We are working on adding this option to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing.
I ordered a taxi through Whim. Can other passengers travel with me?
You can share your Whim taxi journeys with other people at no extra cost. Note, that you must be along for the ride as Whim is a personal service and is non-transferable.
You can also order a taxi van at the same price as a normal taxi. However, please note that if there are more than 4 passengers in a taxi van, you will be charged an additional, one-time fee of 2€ at the end of the ride.
Can I ask the driver to make an extra stop to drop off a friend or change destination of taxi ride whilst I am in the taxi?
It is possible to make an extra stop along the way, pick-up or drop off another passenger or change the destination during the ride, however, please note that in that case, the receipt will show the original destination and not the actual one.
I ordered a taxi but something went wrong. Did I lose the payment I spent on the order?
We get notified of all failed orders and return the money is refunded back to you automatically.
If you need help, however, please contact us via the in-app Help Center or via online.
Can I still change the destination once a booking is made via the app?
Once a booking is made via the app, the destination can no longer be changed. If you notice that your address is incorrect while Whim is still searching for a taxi for you, you can cancel the booking in the app by tapping the Cancel button and make a new booking. If the taxi has already arrived, you may politely ask the taxi driver to change your destination, however, please note that in this case, your receipt will show the original destination and not the actual one.
What is the cover reservation?
When you book a taxi, kindly note that we will make a cover reservation on your payment card which is 20% higher than the estimate in order to ensure that there´s enough balance on your card. The final charges will be calculated at the end of the trip based on the actual fare.
For example, if you take a 10€ Taxi31300 taxi as a Whim user, a 12€ cover reservation would be made while the trip is booked. The 2 € extra fee will be refunded later if the trip is over.
What are the Terms and Conditions of Taxi 31300?
You can find the Terms and Conditions of Taxi 31300 from the links below:
In English Here