With Whim you can access DTM Taxi and Antwerp Taxi in Antwerp and book and pay for taxi rides with just a few clicks. With Whim you can order both normal taxis and minivans from DTM Taxi and regular taxis from Antwerp Taxi. In this article you can find the following:
How to Book a Taxi Using Whim
1. You can easily book a taxi through Whim by tapping the Taxi button in the Home View (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Whim Home View
2. Enter your destination address (Fig. 2). After entering your destination, you can also edit the pick-up address or choose your exact location from the map (Fig. 3).
Fig. 2. Insert address view
Fig. 3. Set drop off address view
3. Whim gives you an estimate of the price of the ride in advance before you confirm your order.
Fig. 4. Request Taxi
4. Confirm your order (Fig. 5). We will make a cover reservation on your payment card which is 20% higher than the estimate. Final charges will be calculated at the end of the trip based on the actual fare.
Fig. 5. Confirm taxi ride view
Fig. 6. Requesting Taxi view
5. It is possible to cancel the taxi request by tapping the red "Cancel" button before the driver confirms the (Fig. 7). Confirm cancellation (Fig. 8) and wait for the taxi search to be fully cancelled. Please note, that if you are unable to cancel your request, this may mean that a taxi has already accepted your request. Please check your Whim app ticket view for active trips.
Fig. 7. Cancel taxi Fig. 8. Confirm taxi ride cancellation
6. Once a taxi driver has been found for you, the app will tell you the license plate number and estimated time of arrival of the taxi. In the case that one driver redirects the ride to another driver, the number of your taxi changes during your booking and you will receive a notification. This might happen when another taxi is closer to you, helping you to reach your destination faster.
You can see the car approaching on the map and also the dispatch centre phone number to contact them by phone if needed (Fig. 9).
In case the driver has trouble finding you at the pick-up spot, they may call you directly.
7. When your taxi arrives, say hi to the driver, hop in and enjoy the ride (Fig. 10).
Fig. 9. Call taxi operator view Fig. 10. Ongoing taxi trip view
8. When you have arrived at the destination, the price in the taxi meter will be charged from your payment card (Fig. 11). The charge is settled with the pre-authorized amount: if the final fare is higher than the pre-authorized amount, the difference will be added to the final charge, and if the final fare is lower, the final fare is charged and the rest of the pre-authorized amount is released back to your payment card balance. Depending on the bank, this might not happen immediately.
At the end of your ride, your taxi driver will ask you to sign a receipt of your trip, which the driver will keep. This is purely a formality and does not incur any additional charges from you.
Fig. 11. Completed trip
9. You can view your past trips on your Whim app profile page under ‘Past Trips’. If you need a receipt for a past trip, you can get them sent to your registered email address from here.
Questions and Answers
- How are taxi rides charged?
- What are the pricing details for Pay as You Go users?
- I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
- Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
- I ordered a taxi, but I can't find it?
How are taxi rides charged?
We provide you with an estimated cost upfront which you can view before choosing to request a taxi. If you choose to accept the order, the price estimate will be charged from your payment method immediately.
Upon arriving at your destination, the app will check the original estimated price against the taxi meter. If the meter price is lower than the estimate, you will receive a refund* for the difference. And, if the meter price is higher than the estimate, you will be charged extra to cover the difference*.
*Note: this will be done with in-app credit. Reconciliation will not be immediate, therefore, please allow for some time for it to complete.
What are the pricing details for Pay as You Go?
For Pay as You Go users, standard taxi pricing applies.
Whim prices are based on normal taxi fares in Antwerp. Please see the table below for more on taxi pricing:
Antwerp Taxi: http://www.antwerp-tax.be/nl/diensten-prijzen/tax
DTM Taxi: http://www.dtmtaxi.be/taxi/?lang=en
* Note: the 10€ taxi rides include only the single ride from the pick-up point to your destination. All changes to the route or additional destinations are available, however, at your own cost according to standard taxi pricing.
I ordered a taxi by accident. Can I still cancel it?
If you ordered a taxi by accident you can cancel it until a driver has confirmed the request by tapping the "Cancel" button. We will receive a notification of all bookings that were canceled on time or that failed due to technical problems. In these cases, you will automatically be refunded. You will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, please contact our customer service via the in-app Help Centre or online.
Can I pay with Whim if I grab a cab at a taxi rank/stand?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim if you grab/hail it from a taxi stand.
We are working on adding this option to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing, and Whim will tell you the estimated price for the order.
I ordered a taxi, but I can't find it?
If you have ordered a taxi through Whim but you can’t find it, please contact the taxi dispatch centre directly by calling the number shown in the app, and inform them about the taxi number as well as your location.