With Whim, you can book a car from Sixt in the Antwerp area. This article will explain the following:
Renting a Car with Whim
With Whim, you can book and pay Sixt rental cars fast and easy, with just a few clicks.
1. To book a car, tap “Rental Cars” in the Home View (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Choose Rental Cars from the Home View.
2. The Car Rental View will open up (Fig. 2). You can edit pick-up and drop-off dates and times by tapping the blue button at the top right corner of the screen. This will open up a view where you can edit your rental car search criteria (Fig. 3).
Fig. 2. Rental Car View Fig. 3. Edit rental search criteria
3. Once your pick-up and drop-off times and dates have been set, Whim will show you all available cars by rental office location* (Fig. 2). Tap specific cars listed to view more details of the rental car (Fig. 4).
*Note: If the app shows no cars available, this might be due to start and end times being out of rental office hours.
4. Once you have chosen a car that suits you, proceed to “Reserve this car” (Fig. 4). Confirm the payment to reserve your rental car (Fig. 5).
Fig. 4. Book this car view Fig. 5. Confirm booking and payment view
5. Your booking has been made (Fig. 6)! You can view your upcoming bookings under the “Active Tickets” section in the Home View (Fig. 7). Tap a booking to open up a detailed view of the booking.
Fig. 6. Booking confirmed. Fig. 7. Rental Car booking under Active Tickets in Home View.
6. If you wish to cancel your booking, open up the detailed booking view by tapping the booking under the “Active Tickets” section in the Home View (Fig. 6). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose “Cancel booking” (Fig. 8). Once your booking has been cancelled, you will see a confirmation at the top of the app’s screen (Fig. 9) and the payment for the booking will be refunded to you within a couple of banking days.
Fig. 8. Cancel booking.
Fig. 9. Booking successfully cancelled.
Picking up and Returning a Car
- You will need a valid driver’s license (minimum of two years of driving experience)
- You will need a valid identity card or passport
- You will need a credit card for deposit. The car rental will place a reservation on your card for possible damages. The amount of the deposit is dependent on the vehicle (for details, please contact Sixt customer service).
- Credit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies are acceptable, whereas all prepaid and debit cards, such as VISA Electron are not accepted (if you are unsure whether your card is accepted, please contact Sixt customer service for advice).
- The payment method must be issued in the driver's name. This must be presented at the time of vehicle pick-up and be valid at this time.
- Cash Payment is not accepted. The deposit will be returned to your card after the rental if the car is returned as agreed and its condition matches the rental terms and conditions.
- The rental price includes 250 km (additional kilometres for an extra fee) and the mandatory traffic insurance.
- The rental car should be returned to the same office it was picked up from unless otherwise agreed. If you wish to return the car to a different location, please contact Sixt customer service (no extra charge for this).
- The car also needs to be returned with a full gas tank, unless otherwise agreed with the rental office.
Questions and Answers
- What’s the pricing for Whim customers?
- What are the age requirements for car rental?
- What are the extra services available?
What’s the pricing for Whim customers?
Pay as you Go: Standard pricing
What are the age requirements for car rental?
The minimum age for every driver is 21 years (having held the driving license for at least 2 years). A deviation from the minimum age is possible depending on the vehicle. For more details about the age limits, please contact Sixt customer service.
A young driver surcharge (of 11€ per day with a maximum of 120€ per month) applies for drivers under 25 years. This will be paid at the rental desk when picking up the car.
What are the extra services available?
If you need extra services during the car rental (e.g., children’s safety seat, returning the car with an empty gas tank) please contact Sixt customer service. Please note that the availability of some extra services might be limited so it is better to book those in advance by contacting Sixt customer service.
Additional driver: 7,50€/Day. Please remember that the additional driver also needs to have a valid driver’s license with them when picking up the car.
You can also travel with pets but please note that the car has to be returned clean. If the rental sees the need for cleaning the car, they will charge you the cleaning costs.
Delivery/Collection: 17€ for 10 km, extra km 0,50 EUR. If you need a delivery/collection service, please contact Sixt customer service.