Mobit bikes are free-floating shared bikes that can be borrowed for a fee. The bikes are accessible 24/7 all year round in the following cities: Antwerp, Mechelen, Kortrijk, Hasselt, Genk, Aalst, Brasschaat, De Schorre. There are hundreds of bikes available through Mobit.
In this article, you will learn about what Mobit bikes are and how you can use them via Whim.
- Guide to Using Mobit Shared Bikes via Whim
- Extra Fees
- How Can I Report a Problem with the Bicycle?
Guide to Using Mobit Shared Bikes via Whim
Picking up the Bike
Choose Bikes from the Whim app Home View (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Choose bikes from the Home View.
- When you see a Mobit bike on the street, you can take it without reserving it by scanning the QR code on the lock with Whim. The lock will open automatically and you are ready to go.*
*Note: If it is dark, you can turn on a flashlight from the app which should help to read the code. If this doesn’t help or you for some other reason unable to read the code, you can also manually type in the bike number.
Reserving the Bike
- In the case you want to reserve the bike beforehand, select the bike you wish to reserve from the map and reserve it with Whim. Once you have reserved the bike, it can not be taken by another user.*
*Note: If you have reserved a bike, you cannot pick up any other bike than the one you have reserved, unless you end the reservation first.
- Pricing of the reservation: the normal pricing applies from the start of the reservation.
- When you arrive to pick up the bike, scan the QR code*on the lock with Whim or enter the code. The lock will open automatically and you can cycle.
*Note: If it is dark, you can turn on a flashlight from the app which should help to read the code. If this doesn’t help or your for some other reason unable to read the code, you can also manually type in the bike number.
- If your plans change, and you won’t be needing the bike, you can also end the reservation and free the bike for other users. In this case, you only pay for the time you had the bike reserved.
- Whim shows you the location of the bike on the map but if you can’t find the bike you can choose the “ring ring” function from the app and the lock of the bike will make a ringing/beeping sound so it is easier for you to locate the bike. The feature only works when you are near the bike. You can find the ring/beep icon from Whim when you are close enough to use this feature.
- If you don’t pick up the bike, the reservation continues until you end the booking from the app.
During Your Ride
You can pause the reservation from the app if you want to make a quick stop (No time limit for pausing - as long as the total booking is not more than 4h).*
- Pause the reservation from the app before you close the lock.
- To continue your ride and open the lock, scan the QR code with Whim.
*Note: In the case that you know that you will have a longer stop kindly end the booking and take a new bike when you need one again.
Ending Your Ride
To end your ride, close the lock and check that the booking has ended in the app, you can also see the details and the total cost of your trip.
- After the bike is successfully returned, you should also see an "expired ticket" in the Whim app's “All Tickets” view under see previous tickets and trips as shown below.
With Whim Pay as You Go:
The cost per trip is determined by the duration that you have used the bicycle.
- 1H €0.50 per 30 min
- 2H €0.70 per 30 min
- 3H-> €1.50 per 30 min
Possible additional fees include the following:
- Please return the bike primarily within a parking zone (you can see the zones from the map). When parking outside zones, extra fees apply:
- Parking the bike outside the Operational zone € 5
Usage Time Related
- Exceeding maximum usage time:
- Time (X EUR per 30 minute increments) + 49 EUR (overage fee)
- Duration: up to 365 days or until the customer successfully returns the bike
- Example: If you keep the bike for 5 days, you pay for the full time of 5 days usage + 49 EUR.
- The maximum cycling time is 4 hours. If you exceed that time, a delay fee of €49 will be charged on top of the total rental time fee.
- If the bike is used for more than 4 consecutive hours, the next charges apply:
Lost or Damaged Bike
- Theft of the bike, damage to the Smartlock or damage to the bike otherwise: 49€
- Repairing damages of the bike: amount depending on the degree of damage
How Can I Report a Problem with the Bicycle?
- Report the damages via the Whim app by choosing Report a problem.
- Choose from the list or type information on where the problem is situated
- If you wish, you can provide additional information
- After reporting, close the lock to end your booking
- You can now take another Mobit bike to continue your journey.
- Mobit will send someone along to fix the problem on the bike.