Note: If you are using TIER e-scooters directly from the TIER app, in case of an issue please contact their customer service directly via phone: +358 9 425 50519 (07:00 - 21:00) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Whim you can now use shared TIER electric charged scooters in Helsinki, Turku, Tampere, Lahti and Vaasa. TIER e-scooters are available every day from 00:00 to 24:00.*
This article explains the following:
*Note! TIER e-scooters cannot be used during weekend nights between 00.00-05.00 in Helsinki.
- How do I pick up a TIER e-scooter with Whim?
- Where to find more information about the usage of TIER e-scooters?
- How to Report a Problem with Your e-scooter
- Pricing for Whim Users
- Possible Extra Fees
- Questions and Answers
How do I pick up a TIER e-scooter with Whim?
1. Choose Scooters from “Travel By” section in the Home View of the app (Fig. 1.).
Fig. 1. Whim Home View
2. You can see available TIER e-scooters and their locations in the Whim app.
3. Before unlocking the e-scooter take a look at the safety instructions shown in the app.
4. You can unlock the e-scooter with QR code, e-scooter ID or from the map.
With QR code and e-scooter ID:
- Point your camera at the QR code on the e-scooter's handlebar to unlock it.
- If you have trouble scanning/reading the QR code, you can use the in-app flashlight function.
- You can also type in the e-scooter ID to unlock the e-scooter.
Unlocking the e-scooter from the map:
- Unlock the e-scooter by selecting an e-scooter on the map and tapping "unlock e-scooter".*
- This function lets you unlock the e-scooter from up to 400m away.
- Your ride will start immediately after tapping "unlock e-scooter".
- If you are more than 400 m away from the e-scooter, a window, saying that you should move closer to the e-scooter, will pop up on your screen.
- Whim shows you the location of the e-scooter on the map, but if you can’t find it, you can choose the “bell” function from the app. The e-scooter will make a ringing/beeping sound so it is easier for you to locate it.
5. After unlocking/scanning the QR code Whim asks you to confirm the booking.
- Once your e-scooter is unlocked, its lights and the display turn on.
- Start rolling!
Where to find more information about the usage of TIER e-scooters?
You can find instructions on how to use TIER e-scooters, FAQ, safety and insurance information from TIER’s help center.
How to Report a Problem with Your e-scooter
If you have any problems with the e-scooter, please contact TIER
- via phone: +358 9 425 50519 (07:00 - 21:00) and have e-scooter ID handy
- via email to email@example.com (include your e-scooter ID in the email)
- or via webform here and have e-scooter ID handy
Or contact Whim customer care via in-app Help Center.
Pricing for Whim Users
- Starting fee of 1€
- Additional charge of 0.25€ per every minute used
- E.g. for a 5-minute ride the cost would be 1€ + 5 x 0,25€ = 2,25€
Possible Extra Fees
You can find information about possible extra fees from here.
Questions and Answers
- Can I pay for my TIER e-scooter trip using in-app credit?
- Are TIER e-scooters available all year round?
- Where can I park a TIER e-scooter?
Can I pay for my TIER e-scooter trip using in-app credit?
Yes, paying for your trip with in-app credit is possible, if you have enough in-app credit on your Whim account to cover the whole cost of the trip. If you do not have enough in-app credit to cover the cost of the whole trip, the price of the trip will be charged from the payment card registered to your Whim profile.
Are TIER e-scooters available all year round?
Yes, TIER e-scooters are available all year round. However, e-scooter availability is weather dependent and to ensure your safety TIER may take the scooters off road temporarily, when the weather conditions are challenging (e.g. snow or icy conditions).
Where can I park a TIER e-scooter?
You can park your e-scooter in the permitted TIER business zones, which is shown in the app. You are not allowed to park your e-scooter in the red areas shown in the map and you must ensure the parked e-scooter will not block any public paths, roads or entrances to buildings.
Fig. 2. Zone colors and their meaning