This article covers the different Whim (Friendly User Testing) FUT Plans that are offered in Japan; Kashiwa-no-ha and Tokyo area.
- Introduction to plans
- How to sign up for Whim
- Types of FUT plans
- Questions and Answers
Introduction to Whim plans
Whim plans are the world's first multi-mode mobility solution. They facilitate travel with different modes of transportation via a subscription plan from a single mobile app. Whim is a convenient way to book and pay for Tobu bus tickets, Taxi rides, Docomo shared bikes, and Careco shared rental cars.
To be eligible for the plans, you will need to be an internal stakeholder of MaaS Global (MG) and Mitsui Fudosan (MF), or a resident of the target condominiums of MF. To be eligible to sign up for this plan, MF will select the users in the target condos.
How to sign for Whim
- Download the Whim app from Apple store or Google play.
- Enter your phone number and Verification code
- Select “Japan” as country of use
- The Whim Home view will open up → Tap on the profile symbol
- Your profile view will open up
- Tap on Add Travel Credit → Enter code → then Submit
- The plan you have subscribed to appear → Scroll down the screen. Via scroll menu, choose your building (out of the building options provided).
- If you chose the wrong building and would like to change, kindly change the building via plan selector > select building > exit plan selector. The building choice will automatically be updated.
- Enter the promo (discount coupon) code to get the plan for Free → Apply → Continue to pay
- Confirm payment and plan is Updated
After doing the above mentioned steps, you can go back to your profile → Profile and payments --> enter your personal information (name, email, payment method, address etc.).
Types of FUT plans
Whim Credit Plan
This plan includes “Whim Credit” only. All of the 4 transportation modes can be used at On-top PAYG prices (for car/bike sharing and bus) or actual fare (for taxi) with “Whim Credit” from the beginning.
Once you have used up all the Whim credit, On-top PAYG prices (for car/bike sharing and bus) or actual fare (for taxi) will be charged from your card.
The plan includes 3 different versions with their value shown below. However, the plan will be free for FUT users and at the moment, the users will only have access to the Whim 10: ¥10,000 (Credit value of ¥12,000) plan. In the usual case,the plan will renew automatically, if the user does not make changes in-app. Please remember to make changes in the App when you do not wish to continue for the upcoming month.
- Whim 2: ¥2,000 (value of ¥2,400)
- Whim 5: ¥5,000 (value of ¥6,000)
- Whim 10: ¥10,000 (value of ¥12,000)
The following is included in the plan:
- Careco: There are the following private cars available at each of the four MF properties. On both private and public stations: There are zero (0) hours included in the plan. In case of cars at Careco’s public stations, the actual fares set by Careco are applied, and deducted from Whim Credit (as long as you have credit available).
As for Careco private cars designated for each target building, there is 1 private station at each of the 4 buildings. Return is allowed only to the same station you got the car from.
- Kashiwa-no-ha: 5 cars (3 with baby seats)
- Toyosu Canal: 6 cars
- Higashi-Nihonbashi Station Gate:1
- Nihonbashi-Hamacho Residence: 1
- Tobu bus: ¥300 (3 hours) Tobus bus tickets are available with Whim Credits, and once the subscription limit is reached, you can still use the service with PAYG pricing, the same ¥300 per ticket.
- Japan Taxi: there are 3 types of credit amounts included ( ¥2,400, ¥6,000, and ¥12,000). All the credit can also be used for other additional charges on other services offered in Whim and not just for taxis. The actual fares charged by taxi companies are applied and deducted from the Whim Credits as long as you have credit available.
- Docomo bike share: There are 2 kinds of stations to get the bikes from private stations and public stations.
Private station: There are zero (0) hours included in the plan. Therefore “On-top PAYG” ( ¥100 for every 30 min used) starts to be deducted from Whim Credit from the beginning. You are allowed to return your bike only to the same station you got the bike from.
Public station: There are Zero (0) hours included in the plan. ¥150 per 30 mins are applied for every 30 mins, and deducted from Whim Credit (as far as the Credit remains). The return of the bikes is allowed only to the same station you got the car from.
Questions and answers
- Can I switch plans?
- How can I discontinue the plan?
- Can I still use my unused credit left from my previous month?
- May I cancel my plan after it has automatically renewed?
- May I pause my Property MaaS plan?
- Can I still use my unused credit after I cancel my plan?
- What do I do if I move out of MF property?
Can I switch plans?
Yes, you can switch from one plan to the other plan. However, please note that the switch happens at the end of the current subscription period, not immediately.
How can I discontinue the plan?
To cancel/discontinue the plan, please follow the following steps:
- Go to the “profile view” and tap on “current plan”.
- Tap “Edit”.
- Tap on “Discontinue Plan”
- See information about until when your plan will be active and about unused days not being refundable.
- Confirm the discontinuation.
- Once you discontinue, you can continue using the plan with all its components until the end of your subscription period.
Can I still use my unused credit left from my previous month?
Unfortunately no. If you unsubscribe and you still have unused credit left on your plan at the end of the month, they become unusable.
May I cancel my plan after it has automatically renewed?
Unfortunately, you cannot. All cancellations should be done before the automatic renewal date. Changes made after the renewal date or time will only take effect at the end of the current (or the just renewed) billing cycle.
The detailed steps of discontinuing your plan can be found here.
May I pause my FUT plan?
Unfortunately, you cannot pause these plans. Therefore, please ensure that prior to your plan's renewal you have made the change in the app to cancel your plan. Once the plan is renewed it cannot be cancelled. If you do not want your plan to renew at its next renewal, please discontinue your plan before the next renewal date. .
What do I do if I move out of the building?
If and when you move out of the MF property, we kindly ask that you please unsubscribe from the plan to avoid automatic renewals from happening.