Note: If you are using TIER e-scooters directly from the TIER app, please contact their customer service directly via email to email@example.com
With Whim you can use shared TIER electric charged scooters in Basel, Bern, St. Gallen, Winterthur, Zug and Zürich. This article explains the following:
- Guide to Using TIER e-scooters
- Picking up a TIER e-scooter
- How to Report a Problem with Your e-scooter
- Pricing for Whim Users
- Possible Extra Fees
- Questions and Answers
Guide to Using TIER e-scooters
Picking up a TIER e-scooter
TIER e-scooters are available every day from 00:00 to 24:00 in Basel, Bern, St. Gallen, Winterthur, Zug and Zürich. To be able to use the TIER e-Scooter:
- Choose Scooters from the icon in the Home View of the app.
- You can see available TIER e-scooters and their locations in the Whim app.
- Before unlocking the e-scooter take a look at the safety instructions shown in the app.
- You can either:
- Point your camera at the QR code on the e-scooter's handlebar to unlock it.
- You can also type in the e-scooter ID to unlock the e-scooter.
- If you have trouble scanning/reading the QR code, you can use the in-app flashlight function.
- Unlock the scooter by tapping "Scan QR Code".
- Or Unlock the e-scooter by selecting an e-scooter on the map and tapping "unlock e-scooter".
- This function lets you unlock the e-scooter from up to 400m away.
- Your ride will start immediately after tapping "unlock e-scooter".
- If you are more than 400 m away from the e-scooter, a window, saying that you should move closer to the e-scooter, will pop up on your screen.
- Whim shows you the location of the e-scooter on the map, but if you can’t find it, you can choose the “bell” function from the app. The e-scooter will make a ringing/beeping sound so it is easier for you to locate it.
- After unlocking/scanning the QR code Whim asks you to confirm the booking.
- Once your e-scooter is unlocked, its lights and the display turn on.
- Start rolling!
Where to find more information about the usage of TIER e-scooters?
You can find instructions on how to use TIER e-scooters, FAQ, safety and insurance information from TIER’s help center.
How to Report a Problem with Your e-scooter
- If you have any problems with the e-scooter, please contact TIER
- via phone: + 41435051462 (08:00 - 20:00) and have e-scooter ID handy
- via email to support@TIER.app (include your e-scooter ID in the email)
- or via webform here and have e-scooter ID handy
- Or contact Whim customer care via in-app Help Center.
Pricing for Whim Users
- Activation fee: 1.5 CHF or 1 CHF depending on the cities
- Minute price: 0.4 CHF
*Minute price subject to change by TIER.
Possible Extra Fees:
You can find information about possible extra fees from here.
Questions and Answers
- Can I pay for my TIER e-scooter trip using in-app credit?
- Are TIER e-scooters available all year round?
- Where can I park a TIER e-scooter?
Can I pay for my TIER e-scooter trip using in-app credit?
Yes, paying for your trip with in-app credit is possible, if you have enough in-app credit on your Whim account to cover the whole cost of the trip. If you do not have enough in-app credit to cover the cost of the whole trip, the price of the trip will be charged from the payment card registered to your Whim profile.
Are TIER e-scooters available all year round?
Yes, TIER e-scooters are available all year round. However, e-scooter availability is weather dependent and to ensure your safety TIER may take the scooters off road temporarily, when the weather conditions are challenging (e.g. snow or icy conditions).
Where can I park a TIER e-scooter?
You can park your e-scooter in the permitted TIER business zones, which is shown in the app. You are not allowed to park your e-scooter in the red areas shown in the map and you must ensure the parked e-scooter will not block any public paths, roads or entrances to buildings.
Fig. 5. Zone colors and their meaning