BOND e-bike is a free floating e-bike sharing service available via Whim. Bikes are available 24/7 and you can pick up and return the bike within their business zone. In this article, you will read:
- Driver requirements
- Driving license
- Age limits
- Other requirements
- How to use BOND e-bikes in Whim
- Verifying driving license
- Finding a bike and starting your ride
- During the ride
- Ending the booking
- Questions and answers
- Swiss law requires at least a category AM (Light Motorcycle) driver’s license. A valid driver’s license (automobile or motorcycle) from a foreign country also meets the minimum requirements to drive a BOND e-bike..
- You must be 18 years or older
- You need to follow local traffic laws
- You need to be attentive and ride smart. Watch out for large vehicles, do not drive in blind spots and always be focused and aware of your surroundings, the traffic and pedestrians.
- Wear a helmet.
- Do not drink and ride.
How to use BOND e-bikes via Whim
- Choose e-bikes from the home view
- See bikes on map and call to action to authenticate
- See instructions about authentication
- Choose start authentication
Verifying driving license
- Choose ID document type
- Take selfie
- Take pictures of your driving license (front and back)
- Take a selfie holding the driving license
- Information will be sent to Veriff for verification. Kindly note that it may take up to 2 working days for BOND to verify your license. Once the verification is done, a push notification will be sent to you to inform about the success or failure of the verification.
- If your verification is successful, you can start booking the bikes!
- If your verification is not successful, you will be instructed to try again.
Finding a bike and starting your ride
- Choose e-bikes from Home view
- See bikes on map. You can also see the:
- battery %-level of the bikes
- business zone on map
- Choose a bike to see more details:
- distance from your location
- battery %-level
- image of the bike
- bike ID number
- See detailed information about usage (safety, returning instructions, pricing, help section)
- Choose Unlock the bike
- When booking for the first time, a safety intro is shown
- Wear helmet
- Park smartly
- Don’t drink and ride
- Once you’ve unlocked the bike:
- Find the helmet from the basket and put it on.
- You can easily change the fit of the helmet by adjusting the length of the helmet straps or tighten the rubber bands in the helmet.
- Adjust the saddle with the handle below the seat
During the ride
- Riding on the motorway is forbidden since the bike does not reach the minimum speed required
- You can see the speed, battery level and the range on the screen of the bike.
- You can see the Bike ID, pricing per km and a timer telling the duration of your ride in the app.
- You can find your active ride in the Tickets view in the app
Ending the booking
- Park the e-bike within the business zone and in a publicly accessible area (do not block pathways, public transportation stops, driveways or building entrances).
- You can end your booking only when the e-bike is located within the business zone area, which is outlined on the map in the app.
- End the booking via the app.
- See instructions about parking and returning the helmet
- Put the helmet back into the basket, close the basket cover
- See the summary of your trip
- Total price
- Starting and ending addresses
- Receipt is sent via email and can also be found via My trips in the app
- Starting fee (unlock bike fee) CHF 1 to unlock
- CHF 0.89 /km
*Note: If you book the bike but do not ride it, kindly note that only unlock bike fee is charged from you.
Questions and answers:
- Why do I need to send a copy of my driver’s license and how do I send a copy of my driver’s license?
- Are there any rules to follow?
- Can I unlock multiple e-bikes at the same time?
- I cannot end my ride?
- I had an accident with the e-bike or my bike was stolen, what can I do?
- There's a helmet on the e-bike, do I have to wear it?
- Where can I find the vehicle registration document?
Why do I need to send a copy of my driver’s license and how do I send a copy of my driver’s license?
A copy of your driver's license will ensure your compliance with BOND bike’s local regulations.
Are there any rules to follow?
Yes. To keep you and our communities safe, every BOND rider needs to abide by the following rules:
- Follow local traffic laws.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be attentive and ride smart. Watch out for large vehicles, do not drive in blind spots and always be focused and aware of your surroundings, the traffic and pedestrians.
- Wear a helmet. Wearing a helmet is essential for safe riding.
- Do not drink and ride.
Can I unlock multiple e-bikes at the same time?
No, you can only unlock and ride one e-bike at a time per account.
I cannot end my ride?
Are you sure you’re inside the business zone? Although there is no problem with riding outside the business area, you are not able to end your ride outside that area.
Please check if you are unsure. Rentals outside of the zone cannot be ended. You might also be unable to end your ride if you find yourself on the border. Please repark and end your ride once fully inside the business zone.
Once you’ve found a suitable parking spot, open the app and tap “End booking” once to end and a second time to confirm.
If after following these steps you are still facing issues. Simply use the information indicated on the sticker on the frame to reach out to the BOND bikes customer support or call:+41445440530.
I had an accident with the e-bike or my bike was stolen.
In case of an emergency or accident, make sure everyone is safe.
Call the emergency number 112 if necessary.
Then contact BOND Customer Support to share details of what happened so you can be supported.
BOND Customer Support:
phone number: tel:+41445440530
There's a helmet on the e-bike, do I have to wear it?
Yes, you are obligated to wear a helmet by law because the e-bikes are supported for speeds up to 45 km/h. Safety is always the number one priority.
Where can I find the vehicle registration document?
A copy of the e-bike vehicle identification card is located in the handlebar grips on the right side of every BOND e-bike. The identification card must always be kept in that location. You will need it if you are pulled over by the police, or when an accident occurs.