Before registering for the Whim app and service, you must accept the terms and conditions in the Whim Service Terms. This guide further clarifies Whim Service Terms, specifically the Good manners and Fair Use policies. By registering for the app service, you have also accepted these policies.
We believe that the best way to use the service is to employ a healthy balance of sustainable transport modes. We encourage using the service in an environmentally sustainable way, which means a healthy balance between public transport, car share -services, taxi, rail, and other available transportation modes.
The most optimal and sustainable way to balance the use of the transport modes does not favor one transport mode over the others. Instead, we expect that you find the perfect balance for your mobility needs using all our transportation options. This approach allows for the most sustainable use of the service and leads to more flexible mobility experience for you.
Examples on the Fair Use of the service:
- Whim was designed for getting from point A to point B. Planning your journeys beforehand makes using the service easy. If you must change the destination or route during the trip, there is often a risk of extra fees. We must charge for all changes that have been made mid-transit as per the normal tariffs or pricing.
- Using the different modes of transport in a balanced mix is the best way to use the service in a sustainable manner. We encourage you to make use of our public transport, bike, and other more sustainable transport options. In addition, the taxi and car rental services often work best when they are being supported by flexible use of all travel modes. We encourage you to find your way to use the service in an ecological, sustainable and flexible way – which will also the best for your mobility needs!
The Whim app service is developed for the customers’ needs. For every customer to get the most benefit out of Whim, we created “Whim - Good Manners and Fair Use”. By following this, all customers will be able to use Whim as its meant to be used and enjoy a more sustainable way of getting around.
The Whim Service Terms lay out how the Service is used. In part 5 of the terms, the user of the Service agrees to:
- Comply with applicable laws, the Terms and good manners;
- Use the Service and Content only for your personal, non-commercial purposes; and
- Obtain any consents, permission or licenses that may be legally required for you to submit any information to the Service
Examples of conduct that is against the terms:
- Breaking the application code to access rides without payment or otherwise hacking Whim systems.
- Allowing someone else to use the plan other than the original subscriber of the plan:
- Whim application service is personal to the subscriber of the plan. Only the subscriber of the plan can use the service, and this right is not transferable to another person. It is against our terms to allow another person to use your account;
- Ordering a taxi for a friend or family member when the subscriber of the plan will not be participating in the journey is not allowed. We are always informed by the taxi company if the terms of service have been breached;
- It is against the terms of service to purchase public transit tickets for a group, even when using the Whim Urban- or Whim Unlimited- monthly subscription.
- Falsifying evidence and trying to claim refunds with this evidence;
- Using someone else's payment card without their consent;
- Not paying the automatically recurring Whim plan fee.
If it comes to our attention that the Whim -terms of service, Fair use policy or the Good Manners policy have been violated by a customer, MaaS Global reserves a right to stop or discontinue the service, delete or suspend a user’s account, or confiscate any unused credit or rescind any pending refunds.