You can pay for a HSL 30-day season ticket and City Bike season pass with the Smartum commuter benefit since the commuter benefit covers public transportation and city bikes. You still get discounts on taxis and car rentals, but you must use a separate payment card for those purchases. Not to worry, though - you can easily switch between payment methods on your Whim account.
Pricing for the HSL 30-day season ticket:
- HSL AB and BC zones, 62,70€ /30d,
- HSL CD zone 80,60€ /30d,
- HSL ABC, and BCD zones, 99,70 € /30d,
- HSL ABCD zone 142,70€ /30d.
Pricing for the City Bike season pass:
- City Bike season pass 35€*
*Note: During the campaign period (1.4.-31.8.2021), MaaS Global offers to all customers the City bike season pass for €29,90. After the campaign, the price for the City bike season pass is € 35 (September 1- October 31, 2021).
How to purchase HSL 30-day season ticket with Smartum
1. Select HSL 30-day season ticket via the Plan Selector, choose your preferred zone. Choose the correct zone carefully, because it is not possible to cancel or edit the zone after the purchase. Continue to HSL authentication (if you have already done the HSL authentication, continue to part 2.).
2. After successful HSL authentication, proceed to the payment view, add your payment method if you haven't already added it and select Smartum under “Work travel benefit”. *
*Note: Your Smartum balance is used only to pay for the price of the subscription. To use services outside of the scope of your plan your regular payment card will be charged.
3. Select your preferred subscription period (30, 60, 90,.. days) based on your available Smartum balance.*
*Note: If you have chosen longer than 30 day period ( e.g 30, 60, 90 consecutive days), the plan will renew automatically and you cannot pause the subscription. Smartum checkout will fail if the balance in your Smartum account is not sufficient for the selected subscription period.
4. Select “Continue to pay” and accept the Terms and Conditions. You then need to sign into Smartum to complete the payment process with your Smartum username, online banking credentials or mobile certificate.
5. You’re now subscribed to HSL 30-day season ticket!
If you have chosen a longer than 30 day period ( e.g 30, 60, 90 consecutive days), the season ticket will renew automatically. Note that you cannot cancel your season ticket during that period.
After the period is over, your season ticket will end automatically. You can continue using Whim as pay-as-you-go. If you want to continue using the HSL 30-day season ticket, you can subscribe again via the Plan Selector.
How to purchase City Bike season pass with Smartum
1. Press the “Bike” icon under “Travel By”. Choose Hki and Esp Citybikes.
2. Select “Continue to pay”.
3. Select Smartum under “Work travel benefit” and press "Pay with Smartum". Accept the Terms and Conditions.
4. You then need to sign into Smartum to complete the payment process with your Smartum username, online banking credentials or mobile certificate.
5. You are now ready to use the bikes!
Note! Please also add your personal payment method to the app. This is needed for any additional costs (e.g. rides over 30 min).
Questions and answers:
What is the Smartum commuting benefit in Whim?
Smartum is part of Whim's partner network. Smartum's commuting benefit is a personalized employee travel ticket offered by the employer for travel between home and work.
What travel areas and modes of transportation are supported?
Tickets are valid for all public transportation in the Helsinki metropolitan area. Taxi and car hire are not covered by this commuting benefit. However, you may use another payment method for taxis and car hire.
Can I cancel my purchase and get a refund?
After the purchase has been made, the Smartum balance cannot be refunded.
I have purchased the HSL 30 day season ticket with my personal payment method, can I edit the subscription so that the next payment will go through Smartum?
No. You will need to discontinue the ongoing season ticket and after the ticket has expired, you will need to subscribe the season ticket again and pay it with Smartum.
I accidentally chose the wrong zone, can I change it?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the zone after you have purchased the ticket. It’s important that you choose the correct zone, before purchasing the ticket.
My workplace does not have the Smartum commuting benefit in use. How can I get it activated?
Please contact the Human Resources Department in your workplace regarding this issue.