JURO bike is a new free floating non-electric bike sharing service available in Whim. Bikes are available 24/7 all year round. You can ride JURO bikes on cycling paths and wherever cycling is allowed. This article explains the following:
How to use JURO bikes with Whim
You can either use the bike for single rides (30 min) or purchase a Day pass (Coming soon!). With a Day pass, you get unlimited use of 30 min rides.
Renting a bike:
- Select Bikes in the Home View.
- You can rent a single ride or purchase a Day pass from here.
- You can either scan the QR code/type in the code of a bike or select a bike on the map (the bike can be unlocked in Whim from max. 400 m away).
- Before unlocking the bike, make sure that the spokes don't touch the lock on the back wheel.
- Select “Unlock this bike”.
- See details of the booking, read the JURO Terms and Conditions and confirm the booking.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Follow traffic laws and be aware of your surroundings.
- Wearing a helmet is recommended.
- Don’t drink and ride.
- Check the condition of the bike, the brakes (bike has hand brakes) and use the front and rear light when needed.
- It is not allowed to lend a JURO bike to a third party.
During the ride:
- You can ride Juro bikes on cycling paths and wherever cycling is allowed.
Returning the bike and ending the ride:
- Before ending your ride make sure to park inside the operating area shown on the map. Make sure the parking spot is public, easily accessible and doesn't block roads, driveways or entrances. Don’t park the bike to inner courts or other private areas.
- To end your ride, lock your bike manually with the bike lock.
- You will see the final price and details of your ride.
Pricing for Whim users
Customers with HSL 30-day season ticket, HSL-30 day student season ticket, Whim Unlimited and Citybike season pass get one free 30 min ride per subscription period. After the free ride has been used and for customers without a plan, the pricing is as follows:
- 30 min: 1,50€
- Day pass (24h): 5€ (Coming soon!)
If the ride is over 30 minutes, the pricing will automatically be 1,50€ for the next 30 minutes.
The Day pass includes an unlimited number of 30 min rides. If you ride the bike more than 30 min at a time a standard pricing (1,50€/30min) will be charged.
Questions and answers
Is there an age limit to use JURO bikes?
Yes, you need to be 18 years old in order to drive a JURO bike in Finland.
Can I rent a JURO bike for my friend?
It is not allowed to lend a JURO bike to a third party.
Do I need to wear a helmet when using a JURO bike?
For your own safety, we highly recommend wearing a helmet while using a JURO bike.
Where can I ride with a JURO bike?
You can ride JURO bikes on cycling paths and wherever cycling is allowed.
Where can I park a JURO bike?
Before ending your ride, please make sure to park inside the operating area shown on the map. Make sure the parking spot is public, easily accessible and doesn't block roads, driveways or entrances. Don’t park the bike to inner courts or other private areas.
I unlocked the bike on the app, but the bike lock didn't open and I was charged. What should I do?
Before unlocking the bike, make sure that the spokes don't touch the lock on the back wheel. If the lock didn't open and you were charged for this, please contact us via the app or from here. You can unlock the same bike, just make sure that the spokes are not touching the lock.
I found a broken bike/or the bike broke when I drove it. What should I do?
Not to worry! Please contact us via the app or from here or directly JURO bikes via phone +358 50 550 3123 or email email@example.com.