In this article, we explain how to book a car with Whim. For more detailed country- or city-specific articles, please see here.
Booking a Car with Whim
1. To book a rental car, tap “Rental Cars” in the Home View (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Home View
2. The Car Rental View will open up (Fig. 2). You can edit location, pick-up and drop-off dates and times in this view. You can scroll down the “Find a car” section to see the map and rental companies. You can filter the rental companies by pressing the button on the right bottom corner (Fig. 3).
Fig. 2. Choose location, date and times Fig. 3. Map and rental company filter
3. Once your location, pick-up and drop-off times and dates have been set, Whim will show you all available cars (Fig. 4). Tap specific cars listed to view more details of the rental car. You can filter the rental companies that are shown by pressing the button on the upper right corner. This will open up the rental company filter (Fig. 5).
Fig. 4. Available cars Fig. 5. Rental company filter
4. Once you have chosen a car that suits you, proceed to “Select” the car (Fig. 6). Confirm the payment to reserve your rental car (Fig. 7).
Fig. 6. Reserve the car
Fig. 7. Confirm the booking
5. Your booking has been made (Fig. 8)! You can view your upcoming bookings under the “Active Tickets” section in the Home View (Fig. 9). Tap a booking to open up a detailed view of the booking.
Fig. 8. Confirmation
Fig. 9. Rental booking in Active Tickets
Cancelling a Rental Car Booking
If you wish to cancel your booking, open up the detailed booking view by tapping the booking under the “Active Tickets” section in the Home View (Fig. 9). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose “Cancel booking” (Fig. 10 and 11). Once your booking has been cancelled, you will see a confirmation of successful cancellation at the top of the app’s screen (Fig. 12) and the payment for the booking will be refunded to you within a couple of banking days.
Fig. 10. Cancel booking
Fig. 11. Confirm cancellation
Fig. 12. Successful cancellation
Article is closed for comments.