Whim Weekend is a new addition to our growing portfolio of subscription plans. With it, you can get car rentals weekends from Friday to Monday, 15% off on all taxi rides, a 30-day HSL ticket, and unlimited 30-minute rides with City Bikes!
Introduction to Whim Weekend
Our introductory price for Whim Weekend is 249€ for 30 days. With the Whim Weekend plan, you get car rentals for weekends from Friday to Monday, taxi rides with a 15% discount, public transportation via an HSL 30-day ticket, and unlimited 30-minute rides on City Bikes.
Below you will find more detailed information regarding each mode of transportation provided with the Whim Weekend plan:
Weekend car rentals*
You can get your rental car (Ford Fiesta or equivalent) from Sixt easily with Whim Weekend! You can schedule your rental on Fridays from 15:00 onward, and return it at the latest on Mondays by 14:00**. Our Whim Weekend plan includes unlimited kilometers and a second driver. Availability of cars is subject to our rental suppliers’ supply of qualifying vehicles.
* Hertz cars are not included in the Whim Weekend plan. You may, however, rent cars from Hertz with dynamic pricing. Please note that with Hertz rentals, only unlimited kilometers are included in the rental price.
**Note: If you rent a car outside these times, a daily price of €49 will be charged for the entire rental period.
Weekend car rental from Sixt
- Ford Fiesta or equivalent (CCMR) for weekends is included in the plan (Pick-up and return between Friday 15:00 - Monday 14:00)
- Upgrades for the weekend car are available for an extra fee:
- Ford Focus STW or equivalent (CWMR) +9,99€ / day
- Mercedes A-class or equivalent (IDAR) +19,99€ / day
- On other days
- Ford Fiesta or equivalent (CCMR) for €49/day (depending on availability)
- Upgrades for other days:
- Ford Focus STW or equivalent (CWMR) +20€ / day
- Mercedes A-class or equivalent (IDAR) +35€ / day
Taxi rides with a 15% discount
With Whim Weekend, all your taxi rides in the wider Helsinki area come with a 15% discount. Currently, you are able to get taxis from Lähitaksi, Taksi Helsinki and Kajon. Soon we will have more qualifying taxi service providers available in the app.
HSL 30-day ticket
Whim Weekend includes an HSL 30-day ticket, and as such, in order to use Whim Weekend, please note that you must be eligible for the HSL 30-day ticket.
The following zone options are available with the Whim Weekend plan
Below you can find the pricing of Weekend plan (valid until 31.12.2019):
- HSL zones AB
- HSL zones BC
- HSL zones ABC + 47€ per period
- HSL zones ABCD + 97€ per period
- HSL zones BCD + 57€ per period
- HSL zones CD + 37€ per period
Below is the pricing of Whim Weekend plan starting from 01.01.2020
- HSL zones AB
- HSL zones BC
- HSL zones ABC + 37€ per period
- HSL zones ABCD + 80€ per period
- HSL zones BCD + 37€ per period
- HSL zones CD + 17,90€ per period
Zone extension tickets are also available for single trips (pricing valid until 31.12.2019)
- 2,50€ for zones A, B or C
- 2,80€ for zones AB, BC or D
- 4,20€ for zones CD
- 4,60€ for zones ABC
Below you can see the pricing for zone extension tickets starting from 01.01.2020
- 2,50€ for zones A, B or C
- 2,80€ for zones AB, BC or D
- 3,20€ for zones CD
- 4,10€ for zones ABC
You may also purchase additional single tickets & day tickets for both adults and children on a pay-as-you-go basis.
For more information about how to use public transportation in Helsinki metropolitan area, please visit here.
Unlimited 30-minute rides
With Whim Weekend, you may use City Bikes in the Helsinki and Espoo region any time you like for up to 30 minutes per ride. You can see stations and available bikes on the Whim map; just find a bike station, and use the code generated in the app to unlock the bikes. If you want to cycle longer than half an hour, the usage fee (€1/30 min, max 5 h) will be charged for the extra time.
For more information about City Bikes, please visit here.
Steps to subscribe for Whim Weekend*
1. Start the upgrading process by tapping the Whim Weekend banner (Pic.1) or tapping on the "Change" button in Plan details (Pic.2).
(Pic.1) Whim Weekend banner (Pic.2) Plan details view
2. You will be directed to the Plan Selector (Pic.3) where you can choose the Whim Weekend plan. Press "Select Whim Weekend".
(Pic.3) Plan selector view
3. Select the options that fit your need in the Plan options view and press "Continue" (Pic.4).
(Pic.4) Plan options view
4. Confirm the plan by pressing “Subscribe”**.
*Note: As a PAYG or Unlimited user, you'll be taken to the HSL account service to verify your eligibility after choosing Whim Weekend in Plan selector view (Pic.3). It only takes a few minutes to complete. As a Whim Urban 30 user, you do not need to go through the HSL authentication again.
** Note: Whim Weekend subscription for Whim Urban 30 and Whim Unlimited users will start after the current subscription ends. For Whim to Go users, Whim Weekend subscription will come into effect immediately.
Questions and answers
- What are the pick-up points for rental cars included in Whim Weekend?
- What is the rental period for a car included in Whim Weekend?
- I have Whim Weekend and would like to rent a car during the week on a day that’s not included in Whim Weekend. What do I do?
- I want to rent a car for the weekend, but it's already Friday - am I too late to make a rental booking?
- I have Whim Weekend but there are no rental cars available. What do I do?
- How can I get a child seat for my rental car?
- Am I eligible for the 30-day HSL ticket / Whim Weekend?
What are the pick-up points for rental cars included in Whim Weekend?
You may pick up your rental car from Sixt car rental offices in the Helsinki area. Check the Whim app for the nearest rental location and availability.
What is the rental period for a car included in Whim Weekend?
The rental car included in the Whim Weekend subscription can be picked up from 15:00 onwards on a Friday and returned by 14:00 on the following Monday. If you rent a car outside these times, a daily price of €49 will be charged for the entire rental period.
I have Whim Weekend and would like to rent a car during the week on a day that’s not included in Whim Weekend. What do I do?
The car rental included with the Whim Weekend package is available between Friday at 15:00 and Monday at 14:00. If you rent a car outside these times, a daily price of €49 will be charged for the entire rental period.
You may rent a car Monday to Friday for €49 per day (Ford Fiesta or equivalent). You can get a car class upgrade for an extra €20 per day (Ford Focus STW or equivalent) or €35 per day (Mercedes A Class or equivalent).
I want to rent a car for the weekend, but it's already Friday - am I too late to make a rental booking?
We kindly suggest you to search for available rental cars in-app. Rental car availability depends on demand. We therefore strongly advise to book your rental car as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you are renting a car for the weekend through Sixt (Kalasatama or Hakaniemi Hilton Strand rental locations), please note that you will need to make your booking by 12:00 on Friday for both Friday and Saturday pick up.
I have Whim Weekend but there are no rental cars available. What do I do?
If there are no Weekend cars available, then we advise you to first upgrade your rental to CWMR or equivalent. The additional cost for CWMR or equivalent is €9.99/day.
Then if CWMR or equivalent is not available, then you may upgrade to IDAR or equivalent vehicle. The additional cost for IDAR or equivalent is €19.99/day.
Should you choose to do the above, we will refund you the relevant amount of the additional cost incurred. Contact our customer care to let us know via the Whim app (Profile > Help Center > Contact Us).
If none of the qualifying car classes are available, this could mean that all qualifying vehicles are booked/reserved at the moment. If this occurs, please contact Whim Customer Care.
How can I get a child seat for my rental car?
You can book a child seat as an extra service. Please contact the rental company well in advance (we suggest 48 hours prior to your booking) to confirm the availability.
Am I eligible for the 30-day HSL ticket / Whim Weekend?
To be eligible for the 30-day ticket, you:
- Live in the HSL area (Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kauniainen, Kerava, Kirkkonummi, Sipoo, Siuntio and Tuusula) or in one of the neighbouring municipalities (Hanko, Hausjärvi, Inkoo, Karkkila, Lohja, Mäntsälä, Nurmijärvi, Pornainen, Porvoo, Pukkila, Raasepori and Vihti).
- Don't have an active HSL season ticket
- Are able to authenticate your identity (e.g. with bank credentials)
For detailed information, please visit here.