You can now use Edenred Ticket Transport® card for paying WHIM subscriptions or public transport tickets. Edenred Ticket Transport® card is a Mastercard and can be added as a payment method to WHIM just like any other accepted credit card. In this article, we explain how to use Edenred card to pay for transportation.
- How to add Edenred Ticket Transport® card to WHIM application
- What can be purchased using Edenred Ticket Transport® card
- What cannot be purchased using Edenred Ticket Transport® card
- Questions and Answers
Instructions for adding Edenred Ticket Transport®card to WHIM application
- Download WHIM application to your phone from your own application store - Google Play or App Store.
- Open WHIM application.
- Go to “Profile and Payments” and click “Payment Methods”.
- Add your Ticket Transport® card to WHIM application.
- Your commuting benefit car is now ready to be used in WHIM.
Edenred Ticket Transport® card can be used for
- Paying for your Whim Urban 30 subscription.
- Paying for HSL public transport tickets with the Whim Urban 30 subscription (e.g., extension tickets, tickets outside of your travel area) or you can travel on the Pay as You Go option.
- This is only for personal use, and it is non-transferable, therefore, it is not allowed to buy tickets for others using this payment method.
Edenred Ticket Transport® card cannot be used for
- Taxi trips
- Car rental
- City bike additional fees, e.g., fines or charges related to trips over 30 minutes.
- Paying for Whim Weekend or Whim Unlimited subscription
More information about the Edenred Ticket Transport® card here.
Questions and Answers
- Why does the app show “Invalid value given” when I try to add my Edenred card?
- What is the Edenred commuting benefit in Whim?
- Which Edenred card can be added to the Whim app?
- What tickets / WHIM plans may be purchased by Edenred (single tickets via the Pay as You Go option and monthly tickets via Whim Urban 30)?
- What travel areas and modes of transportation are supported?
- Is it possible to pay for a public transport ticket with different cards combined if there is not enough balance on the Ticket Transport® card in Edenred?
Why does the app show “Invalid value given” when I try to add my Edenred card?
We suggest that you change the postal code to the one of your work address. If the card is provided by your company, the postal code might be required to be that of your company's. If the problem is not solved with this, please be in contact with Whim customer care.
What is the Edenred commuting benefit in Whim?
Edenred is part of WHIM's partner network. Edenred's commuting benefit is a personalized employee travel ticket offered by the employer for travel between home and work.
Which Edenred card can be added to the Whim app?
Edenred’s commuting benefit card Ticket Transport® can be added to the WHIM -application.
The Edenred Ticket Transport® card must be activated in MyEdenred before use. You can also check the card balance, payment transactions as well as search for the places of use via MyEdenred. The card is Mastercard-based and it can be added to the WHIM app as other payment cards.
What tickets / WHIM plans may be purchased by Edenred (single tickets via the Pay as You Go option and monthly tickets via Whim Urban 30)?
The Ticket Transport® card by Edenred can only be used for personal commuting. You can buy single public transport tickets or Whim Urban 30 plan with Edenred.
What travel areas and modes of transportation are supported?
Tickets are valid for all public transportation in the Helsinki metropolitan area, including city bikes, as part of the Whim Urban 30 plan. Taxi and car hire are not covered by this commuting benefit. However, you may add another payment card to WHIM, which you can then use for taxis and car hire.
Is it possible to pay for a public transport ticket with different cards combined if there is not enough balance on the Ticket Transport® card in Edenred?
When buying a ticket, the balance must be sufficient to pay the entire ticket. Unfortunately, split payment with multiple cards is not possible for the time being.