You can use Edenred commuting benefit card for paying Whim season tickets, public transport tickets and City Bike season pass. Edenred commuting benefit card is a Mastercard and can be added as a payment method to Whim just like any other accepted credit card. In this article, we explain how to use Edenred commuting benefit card to pay for transportation.
- How to add Edenred commuting benefit card to Whim application
- What can be purchased using Edenred commuting benefit card
- What cannot be purchased using Edenred commuting benefit card
- Questions and Answers
Instructions for adding Edenred commuting benefit card to Whim application
- Download Whim application to your phone from your own application store - Google Play or App Store.
- Open Whim application.
- Go to “Profile and Payments” and click “Payment Methods”.
- Add your commuting benefit card to Whim application.
- Your commuting benefit card is now ready to be used in Whim.
Edenred commuting benefit card can be used for
- Paying for your HSL 30 day season ticket, HSL 30 day student season ticket and 10-ticket package
- Paying for HSL public transport tickets with the HSL 30 day season ticket subscription (e.g., extension tickets, tickets outside of your travel area)
- Paying for HSL public transport single and day tickets
- City Bike season pass
- This is only for personal use, and it is non-transferable, therefore, it is not allowed to buy tickets for others using this payment method
Edenred commuting benefit card cannot be used for
- Taxi trips
- Car rental
- City bike additional fees, e.g., fines or charges related to trips over 30 minutes.
- E-scooter fees
- Paying for Whim Unlimited subscription
More information about the Edenred commuting benefit card here.
Questions and Answers
- Why does the app show “Invalid value given” when I try to add my Edenred commuting benefit card?
- What is the Edenred commuting benefit in Whim?
- Which Edenred card can be added to the Whim app?
- What tickets may be purchased by Edenred commuting benefit card?
- What travel areas and modes of transportation are supported?
- Is it possible to pay for a public transport ticket with different cards combined if there is not enough balance on the commuting benefit card in Edenred?
Why does the app show “Invalid value given” when I try to add my Edenred commuting benefit card?
We suggest that you change the postal code to the one of your work address. If the card is provided by your company, the postal code might be required to be that of your company's. If the problem is not solved with this, please be in contact with Whim customer care.
What is the Edenred commuting benefit in Whim?
Edenred is part of Whim's partner network. Edenred's commuting benefit is a personalized employee travel ticket offered by the employer for travel between home and work.
Which Edenred card can be added to the Whim app?
Edenred’s commuting benefit card can be added to the Whim -application.
The Edenred commuting benefit card must be activated in MyEdenred before use. You can also check the card balance, payment transactions as well as search for the places of use via MyEdenred. The card is Mastercard-based and it can be added to the Whim app as other payment cards.
What tickets may be purchased by Edenred commuting benefit card?
The commuting benefit card by Edenred can only be used for personal commuting. You can buy single/day public transport tickets or HSL 30-day season ticket, HSL 30-day student season ticket, 10-ticket package and City Bike season pass with Edenred commuting benefit card.
What travel areas and modes of transportation are supported?
Tickets are valid for all public transportation in the Helsinki metropolitan area. Taxi, car hire, City Bike additional fee and e-scooter fees are not covered by this commuting benefit. However, you may add another payment card to Whim, which you can then use for taxis and car hire.
Is it possible to pay for a public transport ticket with different cards combined if there is not enough balance on the commuter benefit card in Edenred?
When buying a ticket, the balance must be sufficient to pay the entire ticket. Unfortunately, split payment with multiple cards is not possible for the time being.