With Whim you can order TCA taxis in the larger Amsterdam region on a pay-as-you-go basis. TCA taxis offer different size taxis and even a fully electric option. In this article, you can find the following information:
How to order a taxi via Whim
1. Enter your destination address (Fig.1). (After entering your destination, you can also edit the pick-up address or choose your exact location from the map.)
(Fig. 1) Book a taxi view
2. Whim gives you an estimate of the price of the ride. You can choose to order a regular taxi, minivan for 6 people, minivan for 8 people or an electric taxi (Fig.2).
(Fig. 2) Choosing a taxi
3. Confirm your order (Fig.3). We will make a cover reservation on your payment card which is 20% higher than the estimate. Final charges will be calculated at the end of the trip based on the actual fare.
(Fig. 3) Confirm your taxi booking
4. Whim will find you a taxi.
(Fig. 4) Whim app searching for a taxi
5. Once the driver has accepted the trip, the app will tell you the number of your taxi and its estimated time of arrival. In case the number of your taxi changes during your booking, you will receive a notification. This might happen when another taxi is closer to you, helping you to reach your destination faster.
6. You can see the car approaching on the map. You can also see the taxi dispatch center number, and contact them by phone if needed.
7. When the taxi arrives to pick you up, hop in and enjoy the ride (Fig. 5).
(Fig. 5) Taxi arrived and trip has started
8. When you have arrived at the destination (Fig. 6), the price on the taximeter will be charged to your payment card. The charge is settled with the pre-authorized amount: if the final fare is higher than the pre-authorized amount, the difference will be added to the final charge and if the final fare is lower, the final fare is charged and the rest of the pre-authorized amount is released back to your payment card balance. Depending on the bank, this might not happen immediately.
(Fig. 6) Taxi arrived at your destination
9. All charges will be charged to the payment card that you have added to your Whim profile. You will receive a receipt of the purchase via email. You can also see the receipt in-app through the profile view under My trips (Fig. 7 and 8).
(Fig. 7) My trips history
(Fig. 8) Details of taxi trip found under My Trips
How to cancel a taxi search
You can cancel the taxi search before you’ve received a confirmation of your ride by tapping the Cancel button in Whim.
We receive a notification of all bookings that were canceled or that failed due to technical problems. In these cases, your payment will automatically be refunded. You will receive an email notification about this. If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your cancellation was successful, please contact our customer care through our in-app Help center.
Questions & Answers
- What types of taxis are available?
- How much does it cost to ride TCA taxis in 2019?
- Can I order a taxi from the airport?
- Can I pay for a taxi with Whim while taking it from a Taxi stand?
What types of taxis are available?
You can order the following TCA Taxis through Whim depending on availability:
- Regular taxi
- Minivan for 6 persons
- Minivan for 8 persons
- Electric taxi
How much does it cost to ride TCA taxis in 2019?
1-4 persons / 5 - 8 persons:
Basic price: €3.20 / €6.50
Price per km: €2.40 / €2.95
Price per minute: €0.40 / €0.45
Can I order a taxi from the airport?
Unfortunately, you cannot order a taxi from the airport with Whim yet. We are working towards making this possible in the future.
Can I pay for a taxi with Whim while taking it from a Taxi stand?
Unfortunately, you may not yet pay for a taxi with Whim if you grab it from a taxi stand. We are working on adding this option to our service in the future. You can, however, easily order a taxi to the address of your choosing.