With Whim, you can book a rental car from any Sixt or Hertz Rental car location in Belgium and The Netherlands. This article will explain the following:
- Renting a Car with Whim
- Cancelling a Rental Car Booking
- Picking up and Returning a Car
- Questions and Answers
Renting a Car with Whim
With Whim, you can book and pay rental cars fast and easy, with just a few clicks.
1. To book a car, tap “Rental Cars” in the Home View (Fig. 1a and 1b).
Fig. 1a & 1b. Choose Rental Cars from the Home View.
2. The Car Rental View will open up (Fig. 2). You can edit location, pick-up and drop-off dates and times in this view. You can scroll down the “Find a car” section to see the map and rental companies. You can filter the rental companies by pressing the button on the right bottom corner (Fig. 3).
Fig. 2. Choose location, date and time Fig. 3. Map and rental company filter
3. Once your location, pick-up and drop-off times and dates have been set, Whim will show you all available cars (Fig. 4). Tap specific cars listed to view more details of the rental car. You can filter (Fig. 5) the rental companies that are shown by pressing the filter button on the screen(marked red). This will open up the rental company filter (Fig. 5).
Fig. 4. Available cars Fig. 5. Rental company filter
4. Once you have chosen a car that suits you, proceed to “Select” the car (Fig. 6). Confirm the payment to reserve your rental car (Fig. 7)
Fig. 6. Reserve the car
Fig. 7. Confirm the booking
5. Your booking has been made (Fig. 8)! You can view your upcoming bookings under the “Active Tickets” section in the Home View (Fig. 9). Tap a booking to open up a detailed view of the booking.
Fig. 8. Confirmation
Fig. 9. Rental booking in Active Tickets
Cancelling a Rental Car Booking
If you wish to cancel your booking, open up the detailed booking view by tapping the booking under the “Active Tickets” section in the Home View (Fig. 9). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose “Cancel booking” (Fig. 10 and 11). Once your booking has been cancelled, you will see a confirmation of successful cancellation at the top of the app’s screen (Fig. 12) and the payment for the booking will be refunded to you within a couple of banking days.
Fig. 10. Cancel booking
Fig. 11. Confirm cancellation
Fig. 12. Successful cancellation
Picking up and Returning a Car
You will need a valid driver’s license (minimum of two years of driving experience)
You will need a valid identity card or passport
You will need a credit card for deposit. The car rental will place a reservation on your card for possible damages. The amount of the deposit is dependent on the vehicle (for details, please contact the customer service of the designated rental company).
Credit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies are acceptable, whereas all prepaid and debit cards, such as VISA Electron are not accepted (if you are unsure whether your card is accepted, please contact the customer service of the designated rental company for advice).
The payment method must be issued in the driver's name. This must be presented at the time of vehicle pick-up and be valid at this time.
Cash Payment is not accepted. The deposit will be returned to your card after the rental if the car is returned as agreed and its condition matches the rental terms and conditions.
The Sixt rental price includes 250 km (additional kilometres for an extra fee) and the mandatory traffic insurance.
The Hertz rental price includes:
Mandatory traffic insurance
Premium Road Side assistance
Glass & Tire Cover
Collision damage waiver
Vehicle license fee,
Excess per damage = 400
Extra services included in the Hertz price via Whim:
Extra Mileage charges
AOO (extra driver charge, 2 drivers)
AOO (2nd driver charge, unlimited drivers)
VLF (Vehicle license Fee)
One Way Fee (domestic)
No Show fee
PERS (Premium Road Side assistance)
Glass & Tire Cover
Location Service Charge
The rental car should be returned to the same office it was picked up from unless otherwise agreed. If you wish to return the car to a different location, please contact the customer service of the designated rental service(no extra charge for this).
The car also needs to be returned with a full gas tank, unless otherwise agreed with the rental office.
https://www.hertz.com/p/car-rental/belgium.sitemap or contact Hertz customer service for Hertz rentals,
Questions and Answers
- What’s the pricing for Whim customers?
- What are the age requirements for car rental?
- What are the extra services available?
What’s the pricing for Whim customers?
Pay as you Go: Standard pricing
What are the age requirements for car rental?
The minimum age for every driver is 21 years (having held the driving license for at least 2 years). A deviation from the minimum age is possible depending on the vehicle. For more details about the age limits, please contact the rental services customer service you rented the car from.
A young driver surcharge (of 11€ per day with a maximum of 120€ per month) applies for drivers under 25 years. This will be paid at the rental desk when picking up the car.
What are the extra services available?
If you need extra services during the car rental (e.g., children’s safety seat, returning the car with an empty gas tank) please contact the rental services customer service you rented the car from. Please note that the availability of some extra services might be limited so it is better to book those in advance by contacting the rental services customer service you rented the car from.
Additional driver: Please check this from the service provider. Please remember that the additional driver also needs to have a valid driver’s license with them when picking up the car.
You can also travel with pets but please note that the car has to be returned clean. If the rental sees the need for cleaning the car, they will charge you the cleaning costs.
Delivery/Collection(Only available via SIXT): 17€ for 10 km, extra km 0,50 EUR. If you need a delivery/collection service, please contact Sixt customer service.