At the moment this is only available for iOS devices.
In this article you will find information about using JT-Line ferries with Whim to visit some of the beautiful Helsinki archipelago during summer 2021.
Tickets Available through Whim
You can purchase open day tickets with JT-Line for the Suomenlinna - Lonna routes. Children under the age of 7 travel free of charge when accompanied by a guardian. Below you can find more information about the tickets.
Open day ticket
- Suomenlinna - Lonna routes:
- Adults 8€
- Children (7-17y) and special tickets* 4€
* Senior citizens, students, unemployed persons, conscripts or persons undergoing non-military service. Prepare to present a valid certificate when boarding the ferry.
Good to know:
- Ferries operate daily from 6:00 to 23:00 until 30th of September.
- Validity period starts once the ticket is scanned onboard. The ticket is valid until 3am the next morning.
- With the Suomenlinna-Lonna return ticket you may travel as many journeys as you wish between Helsinki Market Square, Lonna and Suomenlinna.
For further information on departures, please visit JT-Line website.
Using ferries with Whim
Buying a Ticket
1. Choose Ferry in the Home View (Fig. 1.).
Fig. 1. Home View
2. Select a ticket (Fig. 2.)
Fig. 2. Select ticket
3. Select the number of adults, children, seniors, students travelling (Fig. 3.). You can buy multiple tickets at the same time.
Fig. 3. Select the number of tickets
4. See information about the ticket, routes, stops & timetable (Fig. 4.).
Fig. 4. Information about the ticket
5. Continue to pay (Fig. 5.) and accept the Terms and Conditions and confirm the purchase (Fig. 6.)
Fig. 5. Continue to pay Fig. 6. Confirm purchase
6. You can find your ticket(s) in the Home View (Fig. 7.).
Fig. 7. Ticket in the Home View
Boarding a ferry
1. Go to the right departure port before the departure time (15 minutes prior advised).
2. Show the ticket on your phone when boarding the ferry, the staff will scan the QR code to verify the ticket.
3. If you bought a special ticket (i.e. children, Senior citizens, students, unemployed persons, conscripts or persons undergoing non-military service), you will be asked to provide proof (e.g. student ID, age) when the ticket is inspected.
4. Enjoy the beautiful Helsinki archipelago!
Questions and Answers
- Can I cancel my ticket?
- Can I purchase a ticket for a specific departure?
- Can I purchase multiple tickets through Whim?
- My phone has run out of battery/broken. Can I still take the ferry?
- There was not enough space on the ferry I was planning to board. What do I do?
- Can I take a bike with me when travelling with ferry?
- Can I take a pushchair or a pram on the ferry?
- Can I take a wheelchair on the ferry?
- I missed the last ferry back to Helsinki. What can I do?
Can I cancel my ticket?
It is not possible to cancel a JT-Line Open ticket after the ticket has been purchased.
Can I purchase a ticket for a specific departure?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to purchase a ticket for a specific departure. In order to ensure that you will get on the ferry that you wish, JT-Line recommends you to arrive at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Can I purchase multiple tickets through Whim?
Yes, you can! If you wish to purchase tickets through Whim also for your friends or family, you can easily purchase multiple tickets one by one through Whim. Once purchased and activated, all of the tickets will be visible in your Whim app Ticket view.
My phone has run out of battery/broken. Can I still take the ferry?
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to prove that you hold an active ticket during your journey. If for some reason you are not able to show your ticket to the ticket inspectors, you will need to buy a new ticket when entering the ferry.
There was not enough space on the ferry I was planning to board. What can I do?
Although there is usually enough room on the ferries, our service providers cannot guarantee that you will be able go on board a specific departure. We advise you to arrive at the departure point at least 15 minutes before departure. If you are unable to get onboard, we kindly advise you to wait for the next available ferry. During very busy times there may be extra vessels to ensure that you will be able to continue your journey without major delays.
Can I take a bike with me when travelling with the ferry?
It will be possible for you to take a bike with you on most of the journeys. You will be charged 3€ per bike to one direction and 6€ for a return. The fee can be paid directly to the staff on the ferry.
Can I take a pushchair or a pram on the ferry?
Pushchairs and pram are permitted on the ferry. However, if the vessel is very crowded, you may be asked to wait for the next departure.
Can I take a wheelchair on the ferry?
If you or someone in your group is using a wheelchair, we kindly ask you to get in touch with JT-Line as soon as possible prior to the departure, so that JT-Line will be able to make the required arrangements.
I missed the last ferry back to Helsinki. What can I do?
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are at the departure point early enough to catch the last departure. If you miss the last ferry, we recommend looking up Taxi boat services that may be able to come and pick you up.