With Whim app, you can now use Lime E-scooters in Antwerp in Belgium.
- Choose and unlock a Lime E-scooter
- How to ride Lime?
- What to pay attention to during the ride?
- What to pay attention to while ending the ride?
- How to report a problem?
- What are the operational hours of the Lime E-scooter in Antwerp Belgium?
- Can I pay for my Lime E-scooter trip using in-app credit?
- Are Lime E-scooters available all year round?
- Do I need to have a driver’s license to use a Lime E-scooter?
- Is there an age limit to using a Lime E-scooter?
- Can I rent a Lime E-scooter for my friend?
- Do I need to wear a helmet when using a Lime E-scooter?
- Is there a time limit for using a Lime E-scooter?
- Can I ride a Lime E-scooter on the pavement?
- Where can I find more information about Lime E-scooters?
Guide to using Lime E-scooters
Choose and unlock a Lime E-scooter
- Choose E-scooters in Whim home view and check their availability.
- Unlock the scooter by either:
- Scanning QR code or typing in the E-scooter ID, or
- Select a scooter on the map and tap “Unlock scooter”.
- Check the safety instructions in the app.
- See price details and confirm the booking.
- 5€ will be reserved (pre-authorized) on your credit card.
- Final prices will be made after the ride has ended.
How to ride Lime?
- Step 1: Place one foot firmly on the baseboard.
- Step 2: Use your other foot to push off against the ground a few times.
- Step 3: Once you’ve gained some speed, press down on the throttle near your right thumb to accelerate.
Note: Please familiarize yourself with the throttle to understand how to adjust your speed. To slow down, squeeze the hand brake.
What to pay attention to during the ride?
- There are certain zones that may restrict where you can ride, your speed, or the ability to end your ride.
- No Locking Zones in red: You cannot end your ride here.
- Low-Speed Zones in yellow: Your top speed is restricted in this zone. Click on the zone to see the top speed.
- No Scooter Zones: You cannot ride in this zone. Your vehicle will safely stop and locking will be disabled. Walk the scooter out of this zone to resume riding.
- Do not exceed the local speed regulations.
- Pay attention to traffic and respect local traffic laws.
- If your scooter stands still for approx. 15 min in a valid parking spot, your ride will automatically be ended. You will not be fined.
What to pay attention to while ending the ride?
- Make sure you are inside the Lime operational zone.
- Check that you are not standing in the NO-PARKING ZONE, which is the red area on the map.
- Make sure to put the scooter neatly out of the way for pedestrians and other vehicles. This means no blocking of cars, doors, gates, or sidewalks.
How to report a problem with your E-scooter
- If you have any problems with the E-scooter, please contact Lime:
- via phone: +3228800369 (09:00 - 21:00) and have E-scooter ID handy
- via email: email@example.com and have E-scooter ID added.
- Or contact Whim customer care via the in-app Help Center.
When you are riding, you ride at your own risk. Please note that there may be specific local regulations that you have to comply with. In addition to local regulations, to ride a scooter or bike, you must follow the below rules:
- It is recommended to wear a helmet
- Check the brakes before riding
- Abide by all traffic laws
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a valid driver’s license or ID
- One rider per Lime (no passengers)
- Do not drink alcohol and ride
- Use caution and take your time when riding at night
- Never text/call and ride
- Be aware of cars, bikes, and pedestrians at all times
Pricing for Whim Users
- Starting fee of 1€
- The minute fee is dynamic and you can see it in the app
Possible Extra Fees:
- Lime reserves the right to charge you up to €50, if you use the E-scooters in a restricted area.
- If You leave the Products outside the authorized area, Lime reserves the right to charge You a recovery fee of €100.
- If You damage an E-scooter, You will be held liable for up to €1,290 for each Lime scooter, in Lime's sole and absolute discretion.
Questions and Answers
Can I pay for my Lime E-scooter trip using in-app credit?
Yes, paying for your trip with in-app credit is possible, if you have enough in-app credit on your Whim account to cover the whole cost of the trip. If you do not have enough in-app credit to cover the cost of the whole trip, the remaining price of the trip will be charged from the payment card registered to your Whim profile.
What are the operational hours of the Lime E-scooter in Antwerp Belgium?
Antwerp Lime vehicles are available 24/7.
Are Lime E-scooters available all year round?
Yes, Lime E-scooters are available all year round. However, E-scooter availability is weather dependent, and to ensure your safety Lime may take the scooters off-road temporarily when the weather conditions are challenging (e.g. snow or icy conditions).
Do I need to have a driver’s license to use a Lime E-scooter?
You do not need to have a driver’s license in order to drive a Lime E-scooter in Belgium. However, you are required to have minimum driving skills and knowledge of local traffic rules and regulations.
Is there an age limit to using a Lime E-scooter?
Yes, you need to be 18 years old in order to drive a Lime E-scooter.
Can I rent a Lime E-scooter for my friend?
When you activate the E-scooter, it is for use only by you. You must not allow others to use the scooter that you have activated.
Do I need to wear a helmet when using a Lime E-scooter?
For your own safety, we highly recommend wearing a helmet while using a Lime E-scooter.
Can I ride a Lime E-scooter on the pavement?
According to the current rule in Belgium, you can drive on pavements but no faster than walking speed. There will be changes during this summer and after the change, signs will be placed to indicate whether the use of E-scooters is allowed or not in pedestrian areas.
Is there a time limit for using a Lime E-scooter?
The maximum rental period is 24 hours. You agree to deactivate the rental of the E-scooters within 24 hours of the start of the rental. You can then rent it again.
Where can I find more information about Lime E-scooters?
We recommend you visit Lime’s website for more information about Lime E-scooters.